Station Panama

Ce qui characterise l’architechture Brutaliste, c’est le matériaux brute, non recouvert et exposé à la vue de tous. Le Brutalisme est également très connu pour son utilisation d’angles carrés. Pour direr les choses comme ça, le Métro de Montréal est considéré comme de l’architechture Brutaliste, mais l’utilisation de couleur sort très clairement de la définition la plus stricte de ce qui est considéré comme de l’architechture Brutaliste.

its pretty well lit at night

24 « J'aime »

Pour l’avoir visité cet après-midi, j’aime bcp le tunnel à Panama,
En plus on peut y stationner nos vélos à l’abri des intempéries

8 « J'aime »

Curieusement ce qui m’a le plus étonné dans cette station c’est que lorsque que l’on circule dans le tunnel, on oublie assez vite que l’on se trouve juste en dessous d’une autoroute… L’isolation phonétique me semble optimale et il n’y a aucune vibration.

8 « J'aime »

Il n’y a pas d’espaces commerciaux prévus au terminus d’autobus?

Au niveau du quai, la station Panama était la plus bruyante. Le bruit du trafic est vraiment fort. Alors quand on sort du côté tunnel, c’est quasiment le calme plat.

Oui c’est indiqué sur la fiche de la station : « Local commercial dans le terminus d’autobus »

2 « J'aime »

La différence entre les deux station, c’est probablement l’élevation. La station Panama est à peu près au même niveau que l’autoroute.

I used to take the 45 bus late at night and it was always empty, maybe 1 other person. Now with the REM, because it just opened, ridership hasn’t changed at the station so I got the whole station to myself!

22 « J'aime »

At Panama, there’s an entrance from sector T, on avenue Tisserand. This didn’t have any signage at all, just a path, so I’ve added this sticker (which is water and weather proof, they’re used on buses). It’s meant to imitate the real REM signage:

31 « J'aime »

Je propose de renommer cette station Örnsköldsvik… Avec des barrières qui s’ouvrent à la fois avec une carte OPUS ou une simple clé Allen du Ikea :laughing:

Mashdash out here with the military-grade stickers. :radioactive:

5 « J'aime »

Terminus Panama was packed today, great to see such a huge amount of people using public transit!

There were people working for the RTL monitoring how people are using the station, tracking any delays, and changing up some of the schedules. Some drivers had to change their routes last minute due to how busy it was, which led to some confusion:

Something I noticed was at Quai 21, the sign seems to possibly have other lines under the dark area, or this could just be because they removed the previous routes that stopped here:

I’m not sure when they plan to replace/remove the paper signs, these have been here since the opening of the terminal over a year ago:

Parking is quite strange right now. I couldn’t see the paid section, but I’m guessing it’s mostly empty. Many people were parked in the brownfield (abandoned area), I wonder how they’ll feel once construction begins on Place Panama…

On the other side of the station, a trash can was added by the city at the bus stop:

And my sign pointing to the REM wasn’t removed!

15 « J'aime »

The paid parking area at Panama is around here:

It’s really small.

Oh yes I know where it is, because of how far away it is and it’s location, I couldn’t get a chance to actually go and look at it

2 « J'aime »

hvac system is not working at the rem station ? The air is very stuffy

There is only HV, no AC.

4 « J'aime »

Work was being done on the fare gates. I’m guessing they’ll be turning them on sometime soon:

20 « J'aime »

Je compte 8 portes, c’est bien!

5 « J'aime »

One of the displays outdoors shows the REM departures, hopefully the bus terminal will get the bus departures soon…

6 « J'aime »

Curieux de présenter les départs par destination plutôt que par ordre chronologique.