Station Panama

I like the way that they are using black trays to hide the wiring. That looks a heck of a lot better than all of the galvanised steel tubing that has been added over the years in the metro.

2 « J'aime »

La signalisation sera à améliorer
Sur cette photo on voit comment du coté gauche de l’allée on voit le # de ligne de bus, mais pas du coté droit.
L’info des lignes doit être visible peut importe dans quel sens on marche dans l’allée (l’aile).

Le numéro de quai est visible dans les 2 sens mais n’est pas aussi pertinent que le numéro de ligne de bus

Un marquage au sol serait bien aussi. Avec des ouvertures si larges il y a confusion parfois sur l’endroit d’attente du bus.

1 « J'aime »

The current locations are temporary, but I also hope when the buses move to their new permanent locations, they add signage for customers. The ones used now I think are mainly for bus drivers

1 « J'aime »

Y’a pas de banc?

No, there aren’t any in the wings. If I recall correctly, there are a couple in the main building.

2 « J'aime »

Some corrections have been made, now the arrow was removed from one side (it was pointing to grass) and on the other side fully covered:

The grass is extra tall, although it’s not the same plantings that’s done elsewhere I noticed:

5 « J'aime »

The seating area JUST opened this evening! No ticket machines yet though:

The bathroom has also just opened! The sinks are different from what I thought they’d choose. Also soap is yellow/orange, maybe to match the tiles?

An ad is already on display in the tunnel to the REM:

There are two orange sticks in the ground, my guess is they might move the REM sign to here, as there are arrows on it that point into parking, and it had to be covered. The sign currently is 300m away from the station so I think moving it makes sense:

Additionally, the grass around the parking was cut. I wish more native plants were used here instead of just boring grass:

Finally, the bike path is paved fully. It just needs to be painted, and the traffic lights at Boulevard Pelletier to be set up:

17 « J'aime »

I’m happy to see this station coming together. Moving to the Panama area a couple years ago it’s very impressive how much of a hub this station has become.

It’s a low bar, but having decent bathrooms is already a good step.

4 « J'aime »

I checked out Terminus Brossard (from a distance), and from what I can tell, they have two way facing signs under the displays, that say the Quai number and route numbers. This is probably going to be installed at Panama, but hasn’t yet as the buses will be changing where they stop

2 « J'aime »

Petit détail que j’ai mentionné à l’ARTM et à l’équipe du REM: Il n’y a pas d’abreuvoir au terminus Panama

Je leur ai demandé si leur installation était prévue - ainsi qu’à la station Brossard - et l’équipe du REM m’a répondue sur Twitter: « Pas pour le moment, mais on note votre suggestion. On vous recommande donc d’avoir une bouteille d’eau réutilisable avec vous. :sweat_drops: »

Au terminus Longueuil il y en a plusieurs, en espérant qu’on puisse y remplir nos bouteilles d’eau prochainement! Surtout pour celles et ceux qui y passent en vélo!

10 « J'aime »

Excellent point! I’m glad you messaged them about it. Even at nearby parks, there aren’t any water fountains, it’s true the only option you have is to buy water a store, or go to Place Portobello and find a water fountain there.

6 « J'aime »

Apple Maps has added the pathway under the highway to the REM in advance of it opening next weekend:

6 « J'aime »

There are ARTM people at Panama taking questions. I asked when the ticket booth will open (with people), and they said not until October. In the meantime, there will be TVMs (their words, Ticket Vending Machines) will be available in the REM station.

Also, they already updated the map, and have removed the 45, and added the new exo buses:

They seem to be keeping the same locations for RTL buses until the redesign on August 21st.

5 « J'aime »

La RTL est la meilleure. Mais avec les syndicaux qui dictent tous sur nos services, est-ce que les gens sont tous derrière les syndicaux ?

They opened the passage to Sector T and REM… kinda:

The only problem was when I wanted to exit:

21 « J'aime »

L’aménagement sous l’autoroute est effrayant, on dirait un hotspot pour acheter de la drogue à Gotham… Je veux bien que ya pas beaucoup de lumière naturelle mais beaucoup de plantes sont résistantes à ce type de conditions.

2 « J'aime »

It’s very bright, although I agree, I wish the walls were more interesting than just plain concrete

1 « J'aime »

Au contraire, c’est un des meilleurs aspects comparé au générique dans le reste de la ligne. J’aime l’ambiance austère, il ne manque que l’œuvre de Chih-Chien Wang.

3 « J'aime »

Ça fit avec l’architechture Brutaliste qu’on retrouve dans le Métro de Montréal.

3 « J'aime »

Je ne crois pas qu’on puisse comparer le raffinement et la qualité du brutalisme du métro de Montréal au dessous d’une infrastructure de génie civil.

7 « J'aime »