Station Panama

Thanks for these frequent “site inspections” that many (most) of us can’t get to see in person. Very much appreciated!

8 « J'aime »

A spot for the ARTM Map was added, as well as more glass at the ticket booth:

A section of the terminal is cleared out. Because the seated area isn’t opened yet, people just awkwardly stand here and look outside at the plaza:

Because it’s night, it lets me see through the anti-see through glass and into the RTL office at the end of the terminal:

13 « J'aime »

Nice (apart from the leading) new totem near the dropoff loop.

10 « J'aime »

Ça m’irrite que le STOP et le panneau se bloquent mutuellement. la vue.

11 « J'aime »

Wow it looks AMAZING :star_struck:

I’ll check it out at night when I’m back in Montreal to see what it’s like when it glows

1 « J'aime »

Je comprend tellement le commentaire du leading !
Mes yeux saignent souvent quand je regarde de l’affichage et tout autres formes d’impressions.

L’interlignage (leading) et le crénage (kerning) est un art qui c’est perdu avec la disparition des typographe et «l’automatisation» de la typographie par les logiciels de mise en page.

7 « J'aime »

A long-departed friend of the family was a graphic artist and letterer, having designed some of the most famous logos of some internationally-renowned Canadian companies. He even designed a logo for a small company I started in the 1980s, to use on my business cards and stationary, and at the time I gave him my ideas, he explained all about leading and kerning, and he also mentioned that it’s a dying art form. Good memories.

3 « J'aime »

They’ve updated the lights to match the rest of the REM!

Only change I saw besides that was a new RTL branded hand sanitizing station:

7 « J'aime »

Je suis allé faire un tour hier, j’ai pris des photos.

Il n’y a toujours pas aucun gros logo du REM nul part. Bon c’est pas ça qui va empêcher d’ouvrir mais j’ai hâte de les voir! (Je parle d’un panneau lumineux comme celui du métro ou de quoi de similaire)

Aussi, je remarque que le tunnel d’accès est quand même assez encombré de matériaux de construction et de machinerie. Le pavé est en place mais il en manque à certains endroits, probablement pour y mettre du mobilier ou je-ne-sais-trop-quoi. Il doit y en avoir pour quelques jours de travaux.

13 « J'aime »

C’est comme du coté de l’autoroute 10, il y a toujours une voie de retranchée devant la station Panama et IDS malgré que la construction des stations est «terminée»

There’s also a broken seat (from all the construction vehicles that would park on the pedestrian plaza before it opened), I hope they get it fixed before the opening of the REM, because it would be a shame if that’s one of people’s first impressions of it (it’s just a single seat but after all the delays people would notice that)

1 « J'aime »

They’re now continuing work, and moving the maintenance hole over to under the street, as I predicted:

The stop sign currently blocking Terminus Panama I believe will be moved to where the red post is:

In the bus terminal, there’s a new place for a map, located by the plaza:

On the other side in Sector T, the crosswalk to the REM pathway/bus stop has completely faded out. There still isn’t a ramp on the other side of the street too:

Finally, the pathway has all the lights installed, and is now fenced off (with a lock):

10 « J'aime »

The bathroom signs (with braille) were installed in the bus terminal, as well as a help button in the waiting area, both are still closed to the public. They’re finally wiring the lights underground instead of temporary cables above.

Also the benches outside have started to be upgraded with lights inside them, like at Du Quartier:

But it seems like they broke another small bench, so now 2 of the benches are broken lol

6 « J'aime »

Honestly, the fact that we’ve already got broken benches kind of says it all. Theses things aren’t sturdy enough to stand up to the abuse that they are going to be getting during their lifetime.

4 « J'aime »

Revoke that guy’s Ikea assembly certification.

2 « J'aime »

I think the problem is the construction tanks drive here to go to the REM station and don’t look out for these seats, so when the construction is complete this shouldn’t be a problem

3 « J'aime »

De la négligence plus souvent. Il y a plein d’équipements qui sont endommagés à proximité de site de construction, et aussi ailleurs sur une base régulière en hiver. Ces temps ci je garde 311 ouvert en arrière plan pour tous les bancs, bollard et clôture brisés que je trouve sur mon chemin.

1 « J'aime »

Fare machines look like they’re finally getting ready to be installed. Despite this being a bus terminal, there are currently no people to help with fares or ways to get one from machines just yet, so this will be great. You can see them outlined roughly on the ground, as well as the metal box I noticed that’s located behind them:

Here’s the metal box I’ve seen elsewhere:

10 « J'aime »

J’ai remarqué qu’il y avait une vitre brisé sur la station coté Est ce matin.

I’ve shared images of the path before but here’s what it looks like now (these photos are from 5 days ago). They have to repaint a portion of it that’s open to the public by the bus stop, as well as the crosswalk because it’s completely gone. They should also eventually plant grass/tall grass here or something because the dirt is very muddy in the rain. I asked the workers on the other side as if I’ve never been there if I can just walk through and they said no (I wasn’t expecting a yes, thought I might as well try):

3 « J'aime »