Station Île-des-Soeurs

16 « J'aime »

Something afoot this morning (backhoe?)

4 « J'aime »

looks like they might be removing the small paved section there for construction vehicles to cross the tracks? not sure though

Edit: Yes that appears what they are doing, the asphalt is being taken out and put on the truck.

The rubber/wooden bottom layer that the asphalt sat on is also being removed:

7 « J'aime »

Much ado (about nothing as it turns out…). Now is the winter of our discontent.

Tranquillement, mais sûrement… :upside_down_face: :construction:

20-10-2022

Accès rue du Pont Champlain:

Boul. René-Lévesque (sous les diverses travées du pont SDC):

Accès de la Pointe-Nord:

14 « J'aime »

From the video shared, we can see the tracks being remade after the accident:

6 « J'aime »

Est-ce qu’il y a eu des détails rendus publics sur cet événement?
J’aurais apprécié une transparence du REM par rapport à cet incident.

On vous le promet pour le 1er décembre…

1 « J'aime »

Non, ils auraient pu le mentionner comme la raison de le retarder, mais ils ne l’ont pas fait, ce qui était surprenant. Mais tout est réparé maintenant.

9 « J'aime »

Merci pour les photos. (Yeah. They’re not ready. Platform access aside, they’ve been crawling the track, removing debris and repairing / securing the crossing / hi-rail access for several days - post accident I presume. Temporary red signal at crossing (northbound) seen last evening).

Screenshot 2022-10-29 111547

They cleared the area about 2 weeks ago, they’re just removing the access for vehicles onto the tracks now I believe, not 100% though

I’m not sure about that either. I suspect that crossing / hi-rail access will remain in place for maintenance and emergency use. Unless I’m mistaken, it’s the only grade-level access between the bridge and Central Station. (Isn’t this fun?)

1 « J'aime »

Lol when they started building the huge steel structure behind Costco (that eventually became the emergency stairs), my first thought was it was a vehicle elevator to get track maintenance equipment up to the guideway!

1 « J'aime »

I believe the goal is just getting emergency vehicles near the tracks, and they’d use the stairs to access the tracks. So there’s no need for at grade access to the tracks after construction

1 « J'aime »

Curious about these “lockers” along the bridge…

Screenshot 2022-10-29 134848

Could be break rooms and toilets, or tool storage. There isn’t a lot of room on the central platform.

When there was traffic I was able to look in, I saw some microwaves and tables, but they looked mostly empty so they might be removed soon

3 « J'aime »

Trainspotting - Oct 31

Screenshot 2022-10-31 175927
Screenshot 2022-10-31 180346

9 « J'aime »

Dimanche le 30 octobre

21 « J'aime »