Station Île-des-Soeurs

I wonder if there’s going to be an outdoor misting system, where people can cool off by walking through it, like they have in some parks in Montreal. The only reason why is because in the renders of the station they have mist:

And based on my photo, there seems to be something at least for drainage where the renders show mist:

7 « J'aime »

That would otherwise be a mist opportunity.

28 « J'aime »

They probably took a rain check on that one.

4 « J'aime »

Les grilles ressemblent toutefois beaucoup à celles utilisées dans des fontaines (style place des festivals). Ça me semble trop gros pour être seulement du drainage quand un simple puisard aurait fait la job.

1 « J'aime »

Peut-être un système de brume rafraîchissante pour contrer les canicules et les îlots de chaleur !

1 « J'aime »

Mist-ère et boule de gomme.

(promis j’arrête)

9 « J'aime »

Here’s a better look

22 « J'aime »

They planted trees! And then it started hailing :joy:

12 « J'aime »

Wow, ça commence à ressembler à de quoi de bien.

4 « J'aime »

Wow j’aime bien les lumières sous l’autoroute

3 « J'aime »

:man_dancing:

19 « J'aime »

They’ve paving an area on Rue du Pont Champlain as a “pedestrian priority” area, where there’s a visible height difference between the main road and pedestrian plaza, meaning cars will have to slow down passing through the area. It’s a good addition IMO.

*Update, as for the noise near the station, its virtually nonexistent when the trains pass, as it blends in perfectly with the highway around. The only disturbance is the reverberation heard under the overpass, but that’s to be expected.

11 « J'aime »

I got some photos in the day so it’s easier to see, and yes it looks like nice pavers for a continuous sidewalk.

Also on the other side, it looks complete essentially. Just a bus shelter is missing (it will be located to the left of the staircase, outside of this photo):

9 « J'aime »

I took some photos as well this afternoon and i have to say the raised pedestrian area is a nice addition to an otherwise quite car-centric area.

The other end of Champlain Bridge Street still needs paving, but it’s coming along nicely.

Trains were running every 3 1/2 minutes, but some were stopping just short of the station:

15 « J'aime »

The camera turned and zoomed in earlier this morning:

8 « J'aime »

Un truc qui ne me plaît dans l’aménagement de cette station : le dépose-minute / stand à taxi est plus proche de l’entrée de la station que les quais pour les bus. Ça va forcer quelques milliers de personnes à marcher quelques dizaines de mètres supplémentaires, exposés aux intempéries. Pas la fin du monde, mais j’aurais priorisé les utilisateurs du transport en commun plutôt que ceux qui se font déposer à la station en voiture. On l’avait mentionné lors de nos rencontres avec la CDPQ-infra (je suis conseiller d’arrondissement à Verdun), tout comme l’absence d’abribus dans leurs plans, mais ils n’ont pas gardé leurs plans originaux.

J’espère qu’il y aura des écrans à l’intérieur de la station pour indiquer les heures de passages des prochains bus. Je n’en ai pas vu lors de mes visites de chantier.

2 « J'aime »

Ils ont installé un écran tout près de la sortie de la place publique sous le viaduc

2 « J'aime »

There’s one facing under the highway with benches there so one could technically wait there

1 « J'aime »

Pas trop pire l’été, mais par un mardi pluvieux et venteux de novembre, attendre le bus dehors c’est moins agréable…

5 « J'aime »

I do not understand why the STM or NouvLR can’t install bus shelters in the spaces there though? All the other stations have a lot of shelters, which are even heated (at Panama)

4 « J'aime »