Station Île-des-Soeurs

While i get the frustration, i wont lie when I say it doesnt look like the dropoff area adds more than about 10-15 seconds of extra walking to get to the bus area, so its placement doesnt honestly seem like much of a real issue to me personally.

What seems way more egregious as the others mentioned is the lack of bus shelters… those better be up asap

5 « J'aime »

The new REM website confirms only 20 bike racks at the station:

1 « J'aime »

Won’t be enough!
Malgré qu’on peut embarquer avec nos vélos dès la mise en service.

Sinon @Begratto : l’arrondissement a-t-il des plans pour installer des supports supplémentaires dans le secteur?

J’espère que le texte sera modifié quand le site fera son « Go Live », car ce n’est pas ce qui a été communiqué lors de la visite :frowning:

https://certif.rem.info/fr/se-deplacer/securite-et-reglements/transport-d-animaux-de-velos-et-d-autres-objets

3 « J'aime »

Que la Marche à vide commence se soir mes amis !! :smile: :point_up:

2 « J'aime »

Le terrain autour de la station ne nous appartient pas, malheureusement.

Toutefois, quand le projet Cité de l’île sera construit, il comportera un stationnement vélo intérieur (du genre à la hollandaise, mais à plus petite échelle).

En attendant on dépend du bon vouloir de la CDPQ-infra. Ce n’est pas qu’on ne leur a pas dit que ça ne serait pas suffisant, pourtant!!!

11 « J'aime »

Bus stops going up!

And the whole area around:

16 « J'aime »

Closer pictures of the bus shelters:

The Champlain Bridge Street has been fully paved and levels up with the pedestrian area leading up to the station:

For those wondering what sitting accommodations are located near the entrance, I counted at least 6 small benches and 1 longer bench:

11 « J'aime »

As for the other side, not much has changed. Fencing is still up and the bus shelter hasn’t been installed yet (I didn’t take a picture of the space where it will be located).

13 « J'aime »

I have a feeling the fence will be moved and this path will open on the 22nd of June. The only reason why I think that is because the multi-use path over the bridge is supposed to be closed on June 18th until then

1 « J'aime »

They’ve installed the traffic lights and painted the road.
Pont Champlain street is now two way, with an elevated intersection near the station
The bus shelters also have heating

16 « J'aime »

Mark we must’ve missed each other by a few minutes! I was gonna go take similar pics but I saw a few construction workers around and decided to not bother.
They’ve done a great job with the integration of the station IMO.

5 « J'aime »

Haha, those construction workers do sometimes also scare me off.
Overall, I really like the area too

6 « J'aime »

I was just there too! Except a few hours after you @ComradeMark haha

2 « J'aime »

They’ve repainted the crosswalk at the traffic light to be white, as yellow is used for yielding without a light. I wonder if the traffic light was a last minute change, I kind of wish there wasn’t a traffic light, and pedestrians were just always given priority, this street is really small and there’s not going to be buses so pedestrians crossing wouldn’t slow anyone except cars down.

2 « J'aime »

It’s also a motorway on-ramp, and historically, the speeds on that road were on-ramp level speeds.

I was actually shocked that they suggested that it was going to be part of a detour route during a meeting with the local population, in 2020.

Work is pretty much done around the station, including the landscaping. Cones and other equipment were moved to a small corner near R-L. Fencing will likely stay up until the dry run is done.

All but one bus shelter is done. A worker was putting trash bags in the trash cans near the bus stops while I was there.

g

26 « J'aime »

More from NouvLR’s website:

24 « J'aime »

More from the Autumn 2022 section by NouvLR:

REM_IDS 1

REM_IDS 2

16 « J'aime »

“Mais quelle affreuse station!”

‘- Signé: Les gens du CEM-E

1 « J'aime »

Je pense que le CEM-E a peur de voir notre réseau REM dépasser le réseau du métro de Montréal.

6 « J'aime »