Station Griffintown-Bernard-Landry

Oui, je pensais aux autobus 61 et 107 qui ont déjà un arrêt sur Wellington, coin Bridge, entre le lave-auto et la sous-station électrique du REM

2 « J'aime »

Le conseiller municipal, Craig Sauvé, était à LCN ce matin

Voir vidéo sur le site Web de TVA Nouvelles

Deux nouvelles stations du REM réclamées par le conseil municipal de la Ville de Montréal

TVA Nouvelles
| Publié le 27 janvier 2024 à 14 h 36

Le conseil municipal de la Ville de Montréal a demandé à l’unanimité que CDPQ Infra, responsable du REM, ajoute deux nouvelles stations à Montréal, soit dans Griffintown et dans Bridge-Bonaventure.

En plein développement, ces deux quartiers situés au sud du centre-ville de Montréal sont mal desservis par le transport en commun.

Des élus de Projet Montréal et Ensemble Montréal ont mis de côté leurs désaccords pour adopter cette motion, mardi.

Photo Agence QMI, JOEL LEMAY

En entrevue sur les ondes de LCN, un conseiller indépendant de la Ville de Montréal affirme que les résidents de ces quartiers méritent d’avoir une station.

Bien que l’ouverture de la station de Griffintown est prévue pour 2027, celle de Bridge-Bonaventure, près du pont Victoria, n’a pas été confirmée par CDPQ Infra.

«Il faut absolument assurer qu’il y ait une bonne offre de transport en commun afin d’attirer les investisseurs», souligne Craig Sauvé, conseiller dans l’arrondissement Sud-Ouest.

TVA Nouvelles*

Plusieurs changements sont prévus dans Bridge-Bonaventure depuis qu’Ottawa a annoncé que l’autoroute Bonaventure sera transformée en boulevard urbain.

«C’est important de s’assurer qu’il n’y ait pas juste une station entre les deux quartiers pour 40 000 personnes», poursuit M. Sauvé.

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2024/01/27/deux-nouvelles-stations-du-rem-reclamees-par-le-conseil-municipal-de-la-ville-de-montrealm

3 « J'aime »

Chronique d’Allison Hanes dans La Gazette

Allison Hanes: Two things that make no sense about the REM

The lack of a Griffintown stop and a car ban on a new access road at the Kirkland station are inexcusable omissions.

Allison Hanes • Montreal Gazette
Published Jan 29, 2024 • Last updated 2 hours ago • 4 minute read

A REM train passes by apartment/condo buildings in Griffintown on Sept. 25, 2023. A REM station is slated to be built in the densely populated neighbourhood, but work will not start until 2027. PHOTO BY JOHN MAHONEY /Montreal Gazette

Two things happened at Montreal city council last week that should leave the public scratching their heads about the lack of common sense when it comes to building the REM.

The first leg of the Réseau express métropolitain, between downtown Montreal and Brossard, opened last year. Branches to the West Island and Deux-Montagnes are scheduled to open in late 2024 (knock on wood), with a line to Trudeau airport following in 2027.

Proposed, approved, financed and built at record speed by the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec’s infrastructure arm, the nearly $8-billion driverless, electric light-rail system is the first new public transit project of its scale in generations. Glitches aside, it’s a welcome addition to Greater Montreal’s transit landscape, seamlessly connecting parts of the region in a single network, while combatting congestion and climate change.

But there are a few anomalies that came to light last week at city hall.

In a unanimous vote, Montreal council called on the REM to build two new stops between Central Station and Nuns’ Island — one in the Bridge-Bonaventure sector, which is slated for a major redevelopment in the coming years (a no-brainer), and another in Griffintown, a densely populated neighbourhood where high-rise condos have sprouted over the last decade or more (duh).

The perplexing part of all this is why a Griffintown station hasn’t already been constructed. Residents of the neighbourhood literally watch the REM go by from their windows, putting up with its vibrations and noise. But work isn’t supposed to start until 2027. And a CDPQ Infra spokesperson told La Presse it will be extremely complicated to build now with the REM in service. Presumably, the same goes for an eventual station in Bridge-Bonaventure.

Face palm. Shouldn’t these stations have been thought of before? Why should Griffintown residents have to wait three years to have easy access to public transit service to the South Shore, or South Shore residents an efficient route to Griffintown? This oversight better not become an excuse to skip Griffintown altogether.

[…]

1 « J'aime »

Terminal carbrain syndrome

« I need my car to go everywhere, absolutely everywhere. I don’t care if it’s a bus access road, I want my car there »

Bien sûr c’est The Gazette, pas possible d’avoir mieux de leur part…

15 « J'aime »

These kind of inane articles remind me of why I haven’t read a single Gazette piece in about 3-4 years. This is repetition of stuff that was already known, such as construction timelines…How on earth is an opening date for a branch being 2027 make no sense ? You can hope for a miracle but there is nothing illogical about construction delays lol. I don’t even need to comment on the classic how can I do anything without my car when the cold and dark winter is 2000 months long??

It really feels like I’m living on a different planet than them which is why I stopped reading

3 « J'aime »

En voyant ça, je suis heureux que les villes du West-Island aient défusionnées. Au moins la ville centre est capable de progresser sans avoir à subir ce genre de niaisage.

4 « J'aime »

Creating outrage and narratives attracts eyeballs which sells papers and ads. It’s as simple as that. Same reason why we have an article in La Presse for every REM failure and barely a peep for the same Metro failure.

8 « J'aime »

I was talking about this part

Of course, there are other baffling aspects of the REM, such as the fact that the crucial link to the airport won’t be ready until 2027,

Like… It’s under construction, what is not making sense right now. As for the Griffintown station, there is a difference between something not making sense and not understanding the perspective of the cdpqi. For them, that station would have delayed the opening of this first section, and now that it’s open it will be hard to build, so they’re dragging their feet. Makes perfect sense to me, and we should absolutely put maximum pressure for them to build it asap.

6 « J'aime »

In the West Island, the car is right of passage. People who can afford to, will seldomly choose to not buy a car. Mind you, this from my personal experience is a logical conclusion based on the built environment. However this is so engrained, that there is never a question of “is what we’re doing a good, sustainable thing?”

Everyone talks about the lack of electricity to supply all the cars, the cost of EVs, the financial burden of maintaining the roads and the backlog that already exists. Nobody asks if we should try something else.

4 « J'aime »

I mean, I was talking to my friend who used to work for the REM and they said that adding a stations requires that they develop a new patch for the ATC which then needs to be tested and certified. Apparently in earlier versions, the Griffintown station was programmed in, but was ultimately removed before opening date.

Given that there are still bugs to be sorted out, a good number of which are potentially (if not definitely) software related, it’s not a bad idea to ensure they sort it out before adding a whole other layer of complexity to their work. Not to mention that it would add constraints to any potential rework or modifications they’d need to make. Sure, behind the scenes they can work out the financial aspects, start the engineering work, etc. but promising publicly a station opening date in a hurry when there’s still plenty of work to do already doesn’t seem like the best idea to me.

2 « J'aime »

Vos paris sur l’année :wink:

2030 c’est complètement ridicule comme date

8 « J'aime »

‘ou’ donc ils ne confirment même plus que la station GBL sera construite.

La station bassin Peel est simplement l’ancien nom de la station. Sûrement le document était rédigé avant la finalisation de son nom.

The document comes from Spring 2023, although maybe not all parts were updated

2 « J'aime »

Thomas Gerbet rapporte que la station est toujours prévue pour 2027.

C’est sur cet échéancier que la Ville planifie les travaux d’aménagement du parc Mary-Griffin et des rues aux alentours

Même si le rail est déployé sur tout le réseau, il reste encore 19 des 26 stations à ouvrir. Celle de l’aéroport Montréal-Trudeau et Griffintown-Bernard-Landry sont attendues, encore plus tard, en 2027.

4 « J'aime »

ET bien, c’était VITE celle-là ! Mais je vous est dit : août 2025 !

2 « J'aime »

19 des 26 à ouvrir? il y a 5 stations d’ouvertes seulement, pas 7…

Yul et Griffintown ne sont pas compté dans le 19, vue qu’ils sont beaucoup plus tard.

Aussi Marie-Curie qui apparemment fait part du 19?

La Presse rapportait ce printemps que la Ville de Montréal avait donné son premier feu vert au promoteur Broccolini en vue de l’érection d’une tour de près de 200 mètres sur l’ancien terminus d’autobus Mansfield. Ce terrain, le 900, rue Saint-Antoine, est situé à quelques encablures de la gare Centrale. Environ 664 logements pourraient y être intégrés.

Une tour de la même taille est déjà en construction juste de l’autre côté de la rue, au 900, rue Saint-Jacques. Elle devrait comprendre plus de 600 logements, ainsi qu’un hôtel de l’enseigne Moxy comptant 200 chambres.

Sur le boulevard Robert-Bourassa ou à proximité, le Duke (25 étages), le nouveau siège social de la Banque Nationale (40 étages), le Victoria sur le Parc (58 étages) et l’Odéa (26 étages) sont tous sortis de terre dans les trois dernières années.

Tous ces développements devraient être desservis par la future station Griffintown – Bernard-Landry du REM. Celle-ci devrait être construite d’ici 2027, selon CDPQ Infra.

12 « J'aime »

6 « J'aime »