Station Gare Centrale (REM)

Skah I’m fragile, don’t tease me and then break my heart.

Comme vous l’avez dit… bientôt !

13 « J'aime »

C’est bien, mais CDPQ Infra et la place Bonaventure ne parlent encore aucunement de rendre cet accès universellement accessible. Est-ce seulement que ces 2 petites portes / escaliers ? Il est clair que la majorité des gens vont vouloir passer par ce chemin plus court. Aussi, quel serait le plan si l’on devait ajouter des ascenseurs et des escaliers roulants ?

2 « J'aime »

Kevric qui teste l’affichage sans aviser CDPQi, CDPQi déclare qu’il attend les analyses de sécurité Kevric…

Ils collaborent, mais apparemment par bureaucratie interposé.

6 « J'aime »

I would never :wink:

2 « J'aime »

Je ne vais pas en dire davantage mais il y a des pourparlers.

2 « J'aime »

Kevric attend toujours que CDPQi leur ouvre la porte :laughing:. Alright I’m out…

4 « J'aime »

Petite perle dans l’article : “Ce panneau « a été monté juste pour voir si la signalisation fonctionnait » et « elle fonctionne »”… On installe des panneaux juste de même pour le fun ça a l’air…

5 « J'aime »

J’imagine les discussions des responsables qui validaient si ça fonctionnait…

« ok Gérard! La madame a suivi les indications avec succès et s’est buté comme prévu sur les portes barrées! On lui ouvre la porte pour la récompenser ou on fait semblant qu’on l’a pas vu? »

2 « J'aime »

Moi je pense que Kévric a décidé de répondre de façon polie.

Kevric vient de faire beaucoup d’effort, il ont été jusqu’à mettre de la signalisation… pour démontrer que… ça bloque à la CDPQi (REM). L’ajout de la signalisation est pour brasser un peu la CDPQi (REM) selon moi.

Monsieur Hylands c’est peut-être mordu la langue pour ne pas dire quelque chose de plus direct et évident!

7 « J'aime »

Ils ont imprimé des collants. Pis ils les ont installés. Gros effort :slight_smile: Mais j’apprécie que l’ouverture est enfin là après 56 ans d’existence de la Place Bonaventure pour régler le problème d’accès.

Dommage que cette ouverture d’esprit de part et d’autres se fasse en 2024 et non en 2018, lorsque c’était le temps de faire la construction de la station Gare Centrale. Je suis certain qu’on aurait pu avoir de vrais escaliers et de vrais ascenseurs. D’ailleurs le grand espace dégagé au niveau de la station REM semble indiquer que c’était probablement prévu.

7 « J'aime »

@mashdash I hope you like my new commemorative logo I created in memory of the Gare Centrale signage fiasco

16 « J'aime »

This is incredible, I was just there and saw AMT still there… I’m a bit scared to go to the manager if Gare Centrale though because I haven’t been back since I added my signs in the summer haha

5 « J'aime »

honorable mention to the journalists calling the REM a “commuter train”

9 « J'aime »

Je suis trèèèèèès jaloux de ton concept.
C’est l’équivalent vaporwave des logos d’agence de transport

Logo_AMT_REM.pdf (6,7 Ko)

Pour les intéressés (y’a moyen de refaire le kerning pour que ce soit plus clean)

2 « J'aime »

As I shared elsewhere, I talked with CDPQ Infra about wayfinding on the REM, and I have a bunch of info about this.

First, they plan on opening the connection between the Métro and REM via Place Bonaventure within a couple of months I believe, but they have to go through a bunch of approvals to do it. @ComradeMark is mostly correct, it was planned originally as an entrance, Kevric (owners of Place Bonaventure) said no, so they started making it as an emergency exit, and then finally said yes last minute (perhaps from everyone asking them), and now we’re in this situation.

Signage in the whole station will be upgraded to include métro connection via Place Bonaventure once they officially open it, and what is currently added is temporary. Something to note is that this will not be accessible, AT FIRST. The space I found to the left of the staircase on the right will be the location of a future elevator. ARTM is working right now on the way people will move through the space, and studying how many people will use it. This will likely take about 3+ years to become accessible, but they will open it before to be as an inaccessible connection before.

They cannot go down directly to the passage as Parks Canada is very strict about what they can change. Apparently there is in fact a whole “city” of passageways and open space under all the platforms, but they cannot change it because it would damage the historical value of it. We joked about the “historical value” restricting changes, as the ceilings Cominar is in charge of has quite a bit of water damage, and the flooring can’t even be changed because of its “historical value” too.

To conclude, everything everyone wants will happen. Upgraded signage, and official entrance and exit via Place Bonaventure that will eventually become accessible.

35 « J'aime »

These are excellent news. “Better late than never” I guess.

4 « J'aime »

Our North American notion of “historical value” is something that seriously needs to be reconsidered. We’ve seen quite a long list of “historical buildings” get demolished this last decade, and much of it as a direct result of them going mostly abandoned, without repairs because they are unusable in their existing state. When we get too caught up on preserving everything exactly as it is, we end up preserving nothing and losing it all.

14 « J'aime »

Did they alude in any way to them having the rest of the network wayfinding done in advance?