Station Gare Centrale (REM)

The signs today are yours or the new ones from ARTM? I noticed some of them were not well glued.

They are the new ARTM signs, placed between the night of Thursday and Friday.

They seem to be using the exact same material as me, vinyl, which is fine for smaller signs but theirs are larger and also seem to be slightly less strong overall (maybe to leave less residue on the walls)

3 « J'aime »

Comment ça s’est passé au juste?

Les portes t’empêchaient de descendre? Est-ce que ça a été compliqué de trouver ce loquet vert et l’utiliser?

Non les personnes devant moi ont réagi immédiatement 2s après s’être rendues compte que les portes ne s’ouvriraient pas automatiquement. Le locquet/gâchette est assez visible étant d’un vert assez flashy qui contraste avec le reste de la porte. La porte s’est ouverte instantanément lorsque la gâchette à été levée. J’ai tout de même signalé le problème aux deux employés de sécurité qui étaient présents.

7 « J'aime »

I remember there being a problem a few days after opening, @ComradeMark told me about it, it could be the same issue with the same door maybe?

1 « J'aime »

Ils semblent avoir remplacés certains collants de vinyles par des panneaux de foamcore, un peu plus épais. Bonne idée, ça enlève les petites bulles :+1:

17 « J'aime »

L’entrée est saturée de gens, ils doivent mettre des employés pour faire circuler vers l’autre extrémité car, il y a maintenant des gardiens qui empêche physiquement les gens à entrer par Bonaventure, quitte à courir après pour les faire remonter et les forcer à traverser l’autre côté de La Gauchetiere et entrer par la gare Centrale

Yesterday, I heard they had to make the REM free during rush hour because of how busy it was and they couldn’t get everyone to tap

5 « J'aime »

This is insanely stupid!

Who is taking these decisions?

Open Bonaventure exit both ways and and more tap columns.

Seriously. WTF?

14 « J'aime »

De plus en plus de gens entraient par Bonaventure et le «REM», à la place de se dire :

Wow assurons nous d’activer l’ajout de portiques car cet accès est populaire.

Non, à la place le «REM» place un gardien pour diriger tout le monde par la même entrée déjà mal installée et saturée.

C’est frustant.

7 « J'aime »

Et voici la réponse officiel du REM

Pour faire suite à votre commentaire, prenez note que l’accès à la station gare centrale par la place Bonaventure est une sortie seulement. Le choix ne nous appartient pas . C’est une décision qui est a prendre entre la Place Bonaventure et l’ARTM .
Donc, notez qu’il n’y a pas de plan pour l’utiliser comme entrée car elle a été prévue comme sortie de secours.

Merci de votre compréhension,

1 « J'aime »

Ils ont du voir les gens sur reddit qui disaient que l’entrée par le sud est “gratuite”. Ou juste voir que certains ne faisaient pas le détour par les valideuses

it is very annoying, it seems to be Kevrik not wanting it to be an entrance until they add the fare gates. I wonder if them only being used at Du Quartier is like a soft-opening, just to test them out at the least used station. Then once they’re stable enough, they’ll have them in all stations. I think the targeted month is October

4 « J'aime »

Seems like it will never be an entrance

4 « J'aime »

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy. Opening a «metro» line and not having a perception system in place?

6 « J'aime »

I’m hoping that’s just the REM team not getting the right communication from Kevrik. I know of people that work in Place Bonaventure including people high up, that said they want it to be an entrance as well.

10 « J'aime »

I hope you are right.

But it also shows how CDPQ built the REM and did not really plan with other instances like Kevric or like the city of Brossard.
Oh now we have an exit in the backyard of these houses, deal with it.
Oh now we made an exit in your building, deal with it.

1 « J'aime »

That’s not the REM’s problem. The old Deux-Montagne train never had an entrance there either.

It’s Kevric’s building and their choice as to whether to have an entrance there. Unless legally obligated to, they could completely lock the access (entrance AND exit).

There may be negociations (ie: :moneybag:) to have them open up access, or else there’s nothing for Kevric to gain from this access and a hassle from maintaining it (cleaning is not free).

In short, your anger is misguided.

5 « J'aime »

Faster access to public transportation for their tenants or clients? This seems like a no brainer to me

4 « J'aime »