Station Gare Centrale (REM)

J’ai hâte d’être à samedi, j’ai un peu de misère à situer certaines de tes prises de vue mais ça a l’air vraiment bien.

2 « J'aime »

I got word that Place Bonaventure is exit only for now

7 « J'aime »

The guards told me that it’s gonna work like a normal entrance

1 « J'aime »

I was wondering the same! Those doors are massives!

6 « J'aime »

Maintenant que j’ai eu la chance de visiter cette station (enfin!) elle est vraiment magnifique. J’avais des doutes sur ces grilles au plafond, mais finalement en les voyant en vrai c’est vraiment beau.

Cette station est immense!!

11 « J'aime »

100% d’accord avec toi. Je crois que c’est la première que je peux enfin apprécier un quai de la Gare Centrale aussi. Première fois que je vois autant de monde dans la salle des pas perdus même lorsque la ligne de Deux-Montagnes et Mascouche étaient toutes deux en service. Juste incroyable!

3 « J'aime »

Gare Centrale est vraiment magnifique comme station, mais malheureusement les ascenseurs ne semblaient pas encore accessibles au niveau inférieur. Plusieurs personnes en fauteur roulant sont restés coincés à attendre qu’on leur donnent accès à l’ascenseur pour monter. À voir si ça change lundi

Niveau achalandage, vers 9h, la ligne pour rentrer dans la station ressemblait à ça:

4 « J'aime »

C’était aussi ma première pensée en arrivant ce matin, ça fait plaisir de voir cette gare pleine de monde comme elle a été faite pour, plutôt qu’un grand hall vide

2 « J'aime »

I heard an interview with Transit on the radio the other day, they said that they collaborated with the REM team to get all the necessary data. So the data on the app is official but can change with time.

2 « J'aime »

Au fait, ils disent qu’ils ont conservé les X en béton originaux de la gare centrale, mais j’imagine qu’ils ont du en couper quelque uns pour créer des accès d’un bord à l’autre?

2 « J'aime »

Je ne crois pas. De ce que je me souviens c’était très similaire (sinon identique) à ce qu’il y a présentement.

1 « J'aime »

Any update regarding the doors toward Place Bonaventure? Can they be used as an entrance as well?

Also, any comments on the transfer between the metro and the REM? Beside the signage that needs future improvement!

1 « J'aime »

I spoke with a guard today, he said that it would be open as an entrance/exit once the fare gates are installed (1 to 2 weeks).

10 « J'aime »

There’s a metal button on the top of the doors. Pressing it keeps the door unlocked so it can be used as an entrance. If it’s locked, anyone can do it!

2 « J'aime »

I tried exiting by Place Bonaventure with the intention to exit at the corner of St-Antoine / R.B. (Portail Sud-Est)

I think the door from the REM is at the Portail Nord-Ouest.

Ended up on De la Gauchetière ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Place Bonaventure is a maze !

I did not have much time, I will try again eventually.

1 « J'aime »

What are they building?

The maps of the building are older, like here is the latest which is still wrong, as they’ve made a new lobby area, removed escalators, etc:

Ground level:

Basement level (connection to REM and Metro through the long hallway):

3 « J'aime »

Its been a while since I’ve been at Gare Centrale. Why the heck would they remove those escalators? I clearly remember going through level 100 on the eastern side to access the lower levels and the tunnels that go to the Victoria metro station. Where’s the escalators now?

It’s so unclear how to get from the REM exit to the south-East corner ! :laughing:

1 « J'aime »

Exited the REM through the Place Bonaventure exit, turn right and the STM tunnel into Bonaventure is right there. Saves alooot of time instead of the “official” way. Encountered a guy asking if the doors will lock once closed.

3 « J'aime »