Station Gare Centrale (REM)

Un avantage pour les banlieusards de Brossard ou du West Island. Sinon n’importe quelle tour à bureau proche d’un métro est aussi avantageuse. Le REM n’est pas soudainement le saint Graal du transport en commun, c’est un complément au métro.

1 « J'aime »

Oups j’ai oublié les usagers du train de l’est…

Tu manques mon point principal là… le fait que la Place Ville-Marie, par exemple, soit accessible en métro n’est pas à l’avantage de la Place Bonaventure, qui est en concurrence par rapport aux autres tours à bureaux.

Remarque, la Place Bonaventure est accessible en métro… mais si elle est plus facilement accessible AUSSI en REM, c’est un plus pour son attractivité dans le marché du locatif qui il faut bien le dire, en arrache depuis la pandémie.

7 « J'aime »

They have removed the wall in the “de la Gauchetière” hallway.

30 « J'aime »

They’ve replaced all the REM logos that were on signs like this, with ones that match where it says “Trains.” Something to note though is it still shows AMT lol:

They also added a sticker over the display with the REM logo, hopefully they could be used to show the time of the trains:

Here’s another look at the elevator area:

15 « J'aime »

“You only had one job” tag would seem appropriate here LOL… Anyway, it’s starting to look really good. And agreed, it would be a brilliant idea as you mentioned to put flatscreens here too.

3 « J'aime »

Really, a sticker on a screen :frowning:

AMT’s corpse is still lurking the place.

8 « J'aime »

More like AM6 here

5 « J'aime »

La personne a commencé à décoller le sticker mais son shift a fini avant d’avoir terminé…

1 « J'aime »

I want to go to Cominar’s offices and ask where the AMT trains are, and when they say they don’t exist, I’ll ask why it’s on the signs then lol

8 « J'aime »

Watch out, the Cominar manager for Gare Centrale is one unpleasant person to be around

His LinkedIn page header says “Près de l’humain,” so how bad can he be, he’s close to humans!

1 « J'aime »

“Almost human”

4 « J'aime »

The reason why I was talking to him was asking if they were planning on installing signs that point to the REM, like these:

Also found out, once I ask the REM if I can, they send it to Parks Canada, as they’re the ones that actually approve things. So Parks Canada is involved in Gare Centrale more than I thought

2 « J'aime »

Also! All the awful signage in the station is all temporary, it’ll all be replaced with better signage that’ll be integrated in the new buildings. He actually remembered who I was because I sent an email in January about the awful signage, which was a bit funny

12 « J'aime »

Transit added the GC entrances today, and Place Bomaventure isn’t there

Im assuming that this data is directly provided to transit by the REM

4 « J'aime »

I actually think this data is Transit’s own data, also because it got the entrances last. I’m not sure where exactly in the GTFS it would label the entrances. The other entrances in the other stations though were labeled earlier, so I’m not 100% sure (they could have done this based on photos the REM shared, like I did when I added the entrances on OSM for the stations).

1 « J'aime »

25 « J'aime »

on y est vraiment :smiling_face_with_tear:

9 « J'aime »