Station Gare Centrale (REM)

They added the REM to many other signs too:

Also at Place Bonaventure they got rid of that weird temporary wall:

10 « J'aime »

Ha Ha. Where can I catch an AMT train?

7 « J'aime »

On a side note, I remember reading years ago that the best color combination for public signs like these are black letters on a yellow background. Apparently it stands out the best in terms of visual clarity.

I find these signs way too small. I have an eye issue and I’d have to be right up close to read them.

2 « J'aime »

Agreed. Even with a good vision, they can be difficult to discern from a distance. I guess it’s the building owner’s responsibility to update the signs themselves?

The REM sticker is the worst offender, because it’s simply an opaque sticker on the sign. They have even added sticker on top of the backlit sign, making it the least visible.

Note: they also added the sticker atop the RÉSO signs as well. :disappointed_relieved:

1 « J'aime »

Oh really?? That’s actually surprising, I thought the city was in charge of those signs.

Yes. I will go next to one later today, I’ll try to snap a picture.

1 « J'aime »

I emailed the city (and Cominar) to ask if they plan on installing stickers pointing to the REM, got no response, but now they’re just appearing, I guess being installed by Cominar, or a Wayfinding Batman?

Si tu veux vraiment faire des stickers, remplace le R du RESO par le logo du REM!!! :joy: ce serait assez cool.

2 « J'aime »

Je serais tellement pour avec le “e” minuscule de Exo

Pour comparaison, la signalitique à la station Brossard

10 « J'aime »

I’m actually leaving for a trip so I walked through Gare Centrale, and I was able to see the REM stuck on the RÉSO signs:

5 « J'aime »

Après le signe RÉSOR, on a maintenant le RÉS
‎ ‎ ‎ O

2 « J'aime »

Also because of my trip I got to catch some photos of the platform! The fare validators are installed here too:

I asked to take more photos, and was actually allowed! Through the cracks we can see “Place Bonaventure:

There are fare validators at the Place Bonaventure side… :thinking:

And I got an amazing surprise, right after I exited the train to take photos, the REM just entered!

The doors opened and closed, just about 30 seconds, and left:

The VIA Rail people said they’ve never been able to see it until now!

34 « J'aime »

Thanks. That’s the one I had in mind.

2 « J'aime »

I was doing the soon-to-be obsolete (:crossed_fingers:) walk between Centrale and McGill and I noticed that PVM’s wayfinding has slots for future REM logos.

17 « J'aime »

So it is possible to plan your signange better than Bonaventure x)
Or they saw the thread and were scared we would come for them too

8 « J'aime »

Plan de quartier STM vs plan de quartier GPMM

STM

IMG_0353
IMG_0354

8.5/10… un peu trop chargée.

GPMM

7/10… à l’inverse de la STM, trop schématique. Connexions et correspondances ne sont assez mises en valeur.

9 « J'aime »

If it wasn’t for the fact that I know my way around the underground city, I’d be completely lost relying on the GPMM map. It’s just lines with vague destinations and no perspectives on the levels or where the passages lead to.

6 « J'aime »

After looking at the website more today, I don’t think these maps are complete. On the English version of this map, the metro logo isn’t even there! When I was looking at other stations, it linked to other maps instead as placeholders.

But for fun, I modified the map and tried to make one myself that shows the RÉSO more accurately. The darker lines are meant to differentiate them (ignore the text overlapping stuff):

4 « J'aime »