Station Gare Centrale (REM)

I went to the Linkedin page, and went through the HTML and got the files in full quality but there’s been an update. They reposted everything, except the photo saying “Opening in February 2023” which has been removed…

17 « J'aime »

I was at a party this week and someone who works for NouveLR said April 23rd was the date.

9 « J'aime »

Via la Story du compte Instagram de provencher_roy:

46422F20A4AE07E68CB71D81A6F0D280_video_dashinit

La station m’apparaît plutôt très spacieuse ! :ok_hand: :star_struck:

Désolé pour la vitesse du clip. Le fichier mp4 était trop volumineux à convertir en gif. :man_shrugging:

17 « J'aime »

C’est parce qu’ils ont collés 2 plateformes et les rails entre les 2. Normalement ce serait 3 fois moins large.

4 « J'aime »

Yes! And as shared before, you can see the difference from old platform size to new with the colour of floor tiling, the grey tiles are where the old tracks were!

1 « J'aime »

En vrai, je trouve que cette station parait assez bien. Certes le plafond semble un peu bas par endroits mais globalement elle est assez propre et moderne. La largeur du quai central confirme qu’il s’agit bien d’un point central dans le réseau!

4 « J'aime »

Je me demande presque, s’il y aurait eu moyen pour la caisse de restreindre son empreinte sur une plate-forme et laisser la capacité résiduelle à ViaRail et Amtrack pour le TGF et les douanes américaines.

2 « J'aime »

Why? I reckon there’ll be at least 20 times as many REM pax a day transiting Central as the other three combined — exo1 was already almost 10 times as many as VIA, exo3, and exo5.

2 « J'aime »

Il reste encore beaucoup de voies disponibles pour Amtrak/Via et Exo. On voit sur les plans qu’il reste environ 10 voies encore disponibles pour Exo et Via, je crois que c’est amplement suffisant.

5 « J'aime »

I downloaded the PDF earlier today, which still has that last slide:
1671568170320.pdf (3.3 MB)

1 « J'aime »

Je soupçonne que la personne voulait peut-être plutôt dire Avril 2023 (genre Avril '23)

4 « J'aime »

A friend from the Global Transit and Infrastructure Discord server shared these photos of Gare Centrale:

There’s no wall now separating the REM from the rest of the platforms, so you can see fully across!

26 « J'aime »

La personne a mentionné le 23 avril (en français). En tout cas avril semble être le mois visé.

1 « J'aime »

So… do tracks 6-8 and 13-16 still have access to the tunnel? Will there be 1500VDC overhead lines installed on any of them?

Not my photos, but from a friend who took them from the Mascouche platform at centrale (he allowed me to post them here). GC security decided to raise hell for him taking photos then claimed he was a terrorist though, so be careful if anyone else wants to take pics.

17 « J'aime »

Smfh

Thanks for the pics

2 « J'aime »

Pretty gross that the divider between the ultra-modern REM station and the decrepit CN Central Station tracks and platforms is a simple SuperSave fence, and riders arriving at the REM’s main station downtown get to see it in all its inglorious disgustingness.

2 « J'aime »

Thankfully while they were taken to the administration, they told them directly how awful the signage is at Gare Centrale, so hey maybe getting caught taking photos (super scary!) is a good thing…

Photo of an impeccable Gare Centrale sign:

There’s not a single sign to exo trains despite it existing for 6 years

5 « J'aime »

On a essayé d’obtenir des autorisations de voler des drones près de la voie maritime dans un objectif environnemental et on s’est fait répondre quelque chose du genre, des enjeux de terrorisme et de sécurité nationale. On dirait que les organismes œuvrant dans le transport de marchandises à l’échelle du Canada ne rigolent vraiment pas.

7 « J'aime »

Again, CN and CP (and likely Port) police probably have more sweeping powers than municipal forces, dating back to the construction of the transcontinental railway and their carte blanche to “fix” problems any way they’d deem necessary.

3 « J'aime »