Rue Sainte-Catherine - Actualités commerciales

Une rue Ste-Catherine festive cet après-midi.

11 « J'aime »

Ouverture prochaine d’une boutique de la marque Chlorophylle (vêtements de sport) en face du centre Eaton. Ce sera leur première adresse à Montréal.

11 « J'aime »

Ils ont pas été près de l’UQAM et du Omer DeSerre un bout de temps?

Rénovation à venir du RDC du 1229, rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest pour l’aménagement d’une SAQ.

5 « J'aime »

Do we really need another SAQ downtown? There’s already enough downtown, no need for more provincial ran stores.

I think they’re just changing locations.

2 « J'aime »

It’s all small one, when they ‘‘move’’ the Signature they downgrade it, so it would be nice if this one would be the signature and have more stuff then the Express across the street. Would be nice to have a bigger one that is open longer

The signature at the Four Seasons is actually quite nice!

It’s a business… If they identify opportunities for more stores in a certain area, why should we block that? It’s para-public… It’s not “run” by the provincial government, it’s just owned by it, and it’s profitable, so the government probably doesn’t get involved in its operations.

2 « J'aime »

Well if it’s owned by the government, they still manage it… it’s still provincial lol. It makes downtown look cheap and tacky having too many government owned (there ya go) occupying storefronts. If you haven’t noticed, I am not a fan of copy and paste stores occupying everywhere.

Give me more of those privately owned vape stores; high class :weary::laughing: some dollar stores too.

It’s just the tiny express that’s moving into a bigger location.

12 « J'aime »

C’est vrai qu’une SAQ c’est laid, en plus c’est québécois :face_vomiting:

Par contre un liquor store aux USA c’est super beau en plus c’est amaricain :call_me_hand:

13 « J'aime »

I mean you’re cherry picking here but okay… But yes, I forgot about the pride and joy of the SAQ! Overpriced liquor from a government monopoly.

I’ll take high end restaurants, bars and commercial spaces (I hope this is the common thought) over the copy/paste SAQ, SDQC, those stupid vape shops and Dollaramas.

4 « J'aime »

Je suis incorrigible la dessus, tout ce que le Québec fait de bien j’en suis fier :sunglasses:

Il y’a une coupe de pays en Europe qui jubilent en ce moment devant notre beau monopole électrique du doux nom, Hydro-Québec.

Winteur is comingue, comme dirait mes amis français!

5 « J'aime »

Comment ça la SAQ fait cheap ? Depuis leur redesign il y a quelques années les magasins sont conviviaux et modernes. Je ne vois pas qu’elle est la différence “d’effet” entre une SAQ et un magasin de vêtements milieux-de-gamme outre l’enseigne et le drapeau Québécois.

1 « J'aime »

Pour être honnête leur nouveau design est bien, mais la dernière qui a ouvert au centre-ville sur Maisonneuve à la place du Pacini (qui n’a jamais ouvert) au coin de City Councillors, elle est cheap de chez cheap. Comparativement au ‘‘test-store’’ sur de la Montagne ou celle au Marché Jean-Talon, on aurait pu faire mieux. J’espère que celle-là sur Ste-Catherine serait digne d’un flagship.

LCBO (I hate to say it) does a better job.

J’étais vraiment déçu par cette nouvelle succursale. Bien pire que celle sur de Maisonneuve qu’elle remplace.

1 « J'aime »

I think the average SAQ is way better than the average LCBO, both in terms of atmosphere and selection. (The LCBO always has a better whisky selection, but it’s much worse in terms of wine and some other spirits.)

That said, the LCBO does better flagships – there are some properly enormous locations, and one in Toronto that even has beer on tap for takeaway growlers.

3 « J'aime »

My personal preference would be for a hybrid system like in BC, where the SAQ can co-exist with specialty liquor stores that sell private imports and niche products the SAQ might not be interested in carrying. If you’re a bartending enthusiast (or you run a bar, for that matter), it’s kind of surprising how many products just aren’t available at the SAQ, particularly in terms of vermouth, amaro, more specialized liqueurs like falernum, etc.

But the SAQ is an excellent business in most respects and I would hate to see it privatized.