RTL - Nouveau réseau

I hope they’ll improve routes to metro Longueuil as well as to rem. The 8/28/88 should have more frequency, same with the 77 and the 417/410

Those three lines should be split up:
One that does the whole length, one that stops at the 116 overpass, and one that focuses on the St-Hubert part. For example, by making the 8 go on Taschereau, in the Laflèche neighbourhood, and by following the 116 axis, you increase the speed dramatically. It’s no surprise that Chemin Chambly in Longueuil is super slow, with many stops, red lights, and traffic (big car-oriented malls with parking lots). It also creates a link between Charles-Lemoyne hospital and Promenades St-Bruno, which I don’t think exists now.

1 « J'aime »

Is this map made by just getting the GTFS and using ArcGIS?

I have no idea what these mean, I just checked the routes on the Transit app as reference, and made the lines in Google MyMaps with the vision I have :sweat_smile: My friend used to take them for a while and she said it’s a nightmare on Chemin Chambly

2 « J'aime »

I don’t know… I believe there are lots of people that use the 8 from Longueuil along Chemin Chambly to go to Promenades St-Bruno (including CEGEP students). And there are already “express” buses that go to each of these locations from the Metro station:

• The 442 exists and it goes via Taschereau and 116 road but it could take care of the Brookline area (Mountainview) as well as the Pacific St area and be the express service for the 88
  • The 98 is already going directly from the Metro to Promenades St-Bruno via Taschereau and the 116 road
  • The 428 is already going directly to the airport area from the Metro via Taschereau and the 116 road

The frequency for these buses is terrible but their itinerary works IMO, except for the small change with the 442.

Yes, but like you say: the frequency sucks, and they’re express. Aka someone from a residential neighbourhood such as Laflèche, Greenfield Park, or even a bit of St-Lambert has to take their regular bus route to Longueuil, and then an Express to Promenades St-Bruno or whatever. All three you mentioned take the loop Taschereau/116, with only one of them having a stop at Cousineau before the main destination is reached (442 doesn’t have a “Main” destination like the airport or the mall). The 116 axis I used in my map for the blue (8) line, it doesn’t actually go on the 116, but on the street alongside it, after reaching it through boulevard Edouard, so a few stops in those areas are possible, and then it reaches Cousineau with the stops it makes today.

OH haha that’s easier. ArcGIS is an application to map out data on maps and GTFS is the data the RTL gives lol so I thought you used that application, Google MyMaps makes way more sense

I guessed correctly :sunglasses:

They have a new webpage for the redesign. The “Simulate My Trip” doesn’t work just yet:
https://www.visionrtl.ca/mes-trajets/?utm_source=carrousel_rtl_mes-trajets&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=nouveau_reseau_23

2 « J'aime »

I’m messing with the map layers and backgrounds, and I noticed the OSM data is from around November 2022, which makes sense, they were supposed to share this last year a month before the original REM opening.

I’m surprised there is no bus that goes from the REM station in Brossard to St-Bruno.

Il y a la 192.

2 « J'aime »
Résumé

Au total, ce sont environ 1400 départs qui seront offerts chaque jour vers les nouvelles stations du REM et en provenance de celles-ci.

Ainsi, 29 lignes seront connectées aux trois stations du REM sur le territoire, soit Panama, Du Quartier et Brossard.

Les principaux changements

Pour bonifier les dessertes « à l’intérieur de l’agglomération » de Longueuil, le RTL créera d’abord une nouvelle ligne, la 160. Celle-ci partira de Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, pour ensuite se rendre à Saint-Hubert et à la future station Panama du REM. La ligne 192 sera aussi remise en fonction, en partance de Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville vers cette même station, et fonctionnera surtout pendant les heures de pointe.

INFOGRAPHIE LA PRESSE

Dans le corridor Gaétan-Boucher – Milan, une nouvelle ligne sera aussi mise sur pied pour diriger l’achalandage vers le REM. En plus de circuler plus fréquemment – toutes les 30 minutes –, la ligne 32 sera également prolongée pour desservir le sud de l’autoroute 30 vers le REM, dans le secteur du Faubourg Cousineau. Celui-ci s’est « beaucoup développé dans les dernières années, et on avait eu beaucoup de demandes en ce sens », confie M. Tanguay.

Sur le boulevard Taschereau, la ligne 77 circulera dorénavant les fins de semaine afin d’offrir « plus d’accessibilité ». Jusqu’ici, le service de la ligne 177 fonctionnait les week-ends, mais n’avait pas de service vers La Prairie, jusqu’au boulevard Matte.

À Brossard, la ligne 21 permettra maintenant aux résidants du quartier Portes de Londres de se connecter à la station Du Quartier du REM. Une nouvelle ligne express, la 421, s’ajoutera quant à elle au service sur le boulevard Grande Allée, jusqu’au parc industriel de Saint-Hubert.

INFOGRAPHIE LA PRESSE

Le Quartier DIX30, lui, sera mieux desservi que jamais, passant de trois lignes à huit, soit les lignes 4, 14, 21, 32, 38, 47, 132 et 192.

Plus globalement, le RTL compte aussi poursuivre le déploiement du « service à la demande », qui permet de réserver son trajet en taxi collectif au moyen d’une application mobile. Un projet pilote a déjà eu lieu à Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, et on compte maintenant faire de même à Brossard, au nord de la route 132, dans le secteur de Saint-Laurent, où nombre de personnes âgées se sont récemment installées. La ligne 31 y sera aussi dorénavant en service toute la journée, y compris pendant les périodes hors pointe.

Une hausse d’achalandage en vue ?

Pour Nicolas Tanguay, il est fort probable que la refonte du réseau du RTL entraîne une hausse de son achalandage, toujours fortement affecté par le passage de la COVID-19, à environ 75 % du niveau pré-pandémique. « On l’a vu avec de grands projets comme le prolongement du métro à Laval : ça cause une hausse considérable d’achalandage. Nous, on s’attend à ce que ça vienne donner une nouvelle impulsion à notre relance », dit-il.

PHOTO CATHERINE LEFEBVRE, COLLABORATION SPÉCIALE

Le directeur à la planification et au développement du transport du RTL, Nicolas Tanguay

La grosse inconnue qu’on a, ça demeure la reprise du centre-ville. C’est vraiment ce qui nous a fait le plus mal durant la pandémie.

Nicolas Tanguay, directeur à la planification et au développement du transport du RTL

Pour le groupe de M. Tanguay, l’arrivée du REM signifie aussi et surtout que les autobus ne pourront plus circuler sur le pont Samuel-De Champlain, vers le centre-ville. Les populaires lignes 45 et 90, qui vont de la Rive-Sud jusqu’à la gare Bonaventure, devront donc être abolies, pour ne pas entrer en « concurrence » avec le REM.

Des exceptions demeureront toutefois : la ligne 55, par exemple, qui relie Saint-Lambert par le pont Victoria au centre-ville, pourra continuer de revenir en sens inverse par le pont Samuel-De Champlain.

M. Tanguay certifie que cette refonte du réseau se fera « à coût nul, et même à coût moindre ». « Le fait que les services entre la Rive-Sud et le centre-ville soient retirés, ça nous permet de réinjecter une partie dans notre réseau local », indique le directeur.

Le RTL compte utiliser près de 35 % des économies dégagées en retirant ses dessertes vers le centre-ville. « Ça nous permettra de maintenir notre offre à 92 % de ce qu’elle était avant la pandémie, ce qui correspond à peu près aux économies qu’on nous a demandé de faire avec l’arrivée du REM », conclut Nicolas Tanguay.

3 « J'aime »

Ah ok didn’t see that one

5 « J'aime »

Voici le lien vers la carte interactive:

10 « J'aime »

Annonce, pas beaucoup d’info

1 « J'aime »

Sounds like they’re getting rid of the articulated buses as well based on what the driver said in the video too

The “Simulate My Trip” feature works now

I’m testing it out, here are some strange things I’ve noticed.

It seems to be made for making schedules when the entire REM is open. When I did directions, it said to use McGill station, and when I tried directions from the south shore to the airport, it said to use EITHER the 747 bus, or the REM, despite the 747 not being available except at night.

Unlike other mapping applications, it doesn’t have the exits of the REM. So when I said to McGill, it just said to walk up the street, not go through the hallway to the exit half a block over.

I’m not sure if this is the RTL, or this planner’s fault, but the bus schedule seems slower than I thought. Let’s say I currently do directions for the 47 from Terminus Panama, it takes 7 minutes to get over the highway to sector T, via avenue Panama (6 traffic lights). With the redesign, it’ll use rue Philippines which has bus lanes down the whole thing, just 2 stop signs and two traffic lights, but it says it’ll take 1 minute longer for some reason.

There will be a new bus drop off stop just outside of Terminus Panama (called Philippines et STATION PANAMA), on the street, where buses can drop people off! Instead of requiring them to drive all the way up, wait at a light, then turn into the bus terminal, they’ll stop near the door of Terminus Panama, so the trip to the REM is slightly shorter.
Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 9.59.34 AM

You can see where the new drop off area will be in this photo from December, on the right side by all the orange cones:

2 « J'aime »

The drop off area for the dix30 area is not clear. I did a simulation with the 132 bus and it shows as if it drops you in solar quartier then you have to walk all the way up the overpass to go to the station?

Correct, it’s a bit strange, but Brossard planned this in advance. On each side of du Quartier, there are bus stop areas (currently no buses use them):

This one however requires you to backtrack the wrong way, to cross du Quartier to be able to enter the REM. There should be public access to the REM though from Project Solar, so you could go through buildings which are heated instead of the exit on the bridge.

Similarly, places like Sector L have bus stops that currently are only for students, but will soon feature a bus that goes to the REM (47):

(no joke this is the nicest looking place in Brossard and even any North American suburb, small streets, sidewalks, wow looks like Europe!)

1 « J'aime »