RTL - Discussion générale

Les actions du RTL passent généralement sous le radar médiatique malheureusement.

1 « J'aime »

Just want to update, I posted the bad map to my personal instagram story, and RTL replied saying to use their interactive map in the meantime lol

In addition, they have updated their website, removed the black and white map, and now link directly to their interactive map:

(Formatting of text is still an issue on their website, but that’s another bigger problem)

8 « J'aime »

RTL has redesigned their website slightly. The lighter blue has gone away, and the colours being used are really nice. Not sure how I feel about the gradient, but overall it’s an improvement, the dark grey looks very good:

Here is what it looked like before:

Otherwise, the formatting still doesn’t stretch to the size of the window, so in my case the website looks really bad lol:
Screenshot_2023-09-25_at_9.49.24_PM

I’m guessing this is just the first step though into improving the website… hopefully…

1 « J'aime »

Worked as a UI designer for the past 2.5 years and I’m shocked that the revamp didn’t include responsiveness. Idk what design/dev agency they have a deal with for the website, but clearly it’s not a web one.

5 « J'aime »

There is so much I really dislike with the redesign, starting with the whole top bar! There’s a massive amount of wasted space and confusing UI that actively makes this website harder to navigate.

• It doesn’t make sense that the “Itinéraire” and “À l’arrêt” buttons don’t swap the “Planifiez vos déplacements” search form with their respective forms.
  • The “date” input should be more visually consistent with the search input than the navigation buttons
  • the tough targets are really difficult to touch, especially on touch devices like tablets. It’s super easy to fat finger the search input instead the arrow next to it that lists the bus lines. Same for the dates in the date selector.

I also wish it leaned more on the RTL’s colour scheme.

1 « J'aime »

Ils ont un « site mobile »! :rofl:

Bien souvent quand un lien de FB ou X me redirige vers leur site pour avoir plus de détail sur un changement sur une ligne ou autre, rendu sur leur site on me demande si je veux aller sur le site mobile à la place… pis je perds le contexte, je me retrouve sur la page principale.

Leur site fait pitié.

2 « J'aime »

I wonder how much it would cost the RTL to have night service via taxi service similar to how Senneville STM taxis work. This way they could see how many people would be willing to take it, see where people are travelling mostly, and optimize to turn those routes into full overnight bus lines. For large events like Nuit Blanche, they can have a set of actual night bus routes, that wouldn’t need to run every night

1 « J'aime »

Je viens de parler au service à la clientèle du RTL. La fameuse carte devrait être corrigée le 1er avril, lorsque les horaires de bus seront mis à jour.

2 « J'aime »

Je me demande si le RTL ajoutera un jour des écrans dans ses bus. C’est le seul réseau de la région qui n’annonce pas les arrêts en cours ou à venir.

6 « J'aime »
2 « J'aime »

Pour ce qui est de Brossard, c’est pas un grand changement, seulement le rtl à la demande, pour plusieurs lignes, on retire des départs
https://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/avis-a-la-clientele/2024/modifications-de-service-au-1er-avril-2024/

1 « J'aime »

The 14 becoming all day (not in the evening though) finally is a huge improvement for people along Boul de Rome even if it’s only hourly service. Before it was only one bus mid day, and others during rush hour only!

3 « J'aime »

J’ai appris d’une chauffeuse de bus que le RTL travaille sur les annonces visuelles et sonores dans les bus. Elle ne savait pas par contre s’il y avait une date de mise en service prévue. Et que les chauffeurs ont maintenant accès à une carte sur leur écran depuis le début de l’année.

7 « J'aime »

The new maps don’t use the word “Terminus” to separate them from stations, they also have the metro stations in an incorrect order still and Griffintown station is on it by the Irish Memorial and not where it will be (and isn’t even open yet):

2 « J'aime »

Ça fait une différence, avec le grand roulement de chauffeurs plusieurs se perdaient au court du trajet.

1 « J'aime »

cela semble être une si petite chose. Mais tout ce que je peux penser, c’est qu’il faut une incompétence effrayante pour que les stations soient dans le mauvais ordre sur une CARTE DU RÉSEAU…like, it’s one damn job. Je sais que c’est en dehors du réseau RTL, mais presque tout le but du RTL est d’amener les gens vers Montréal…

6 « J'aime »

:laughing: vraiment

La carte actuelle laisse croire que la 86/87 va au métro papineau, alors que ce n’est pas le cas. Seule la 170 va au métro papineau alors que la 86/87 va à TCV.

2 « J'aime »

Ils ont aussi mis la station Griffintown Bernard Landry. La station qui n’existe pas encore!

Pour mélanger les gens, il y a pas pire.

Il était temps! C’est le seul opérateur du Grand Montréal (GM) qui n’offre pas ces annonces visuelles et sonores. Je me demande d’ailleurs s’il serait souhaitable de concentrer le procurement de ce genre de système au sein de l’ARTM ou s’ils sont trop liés aux solutions propriétaires utilisés à l’interne par chaque opérateur.