REM - Discussion générale

L’épisode 2 de 2 sur le REM à l’émission Découverte est en ligne sur Tou.tv

REM : une expertise nouvelle.

Diffusé le 26 mars 2023. Durée de 43 minutes.

Avec le REM, ouvriers et ingénieurs se sont familiarisés avec de nouvelles façons de construire. Revivez avec eux les nombreux défis qu’ils ont surmontés pour creuser un tunnel clé-en-main sous les pistes de l’aéroport ou pour construire des voies aériennes grâce à des poutres de lancement, d’immenses chantiers ambulants qui survolent tous les obstacles. Et sur les rails comme au centre de contrôle, voyez comment les équipes de tests ont appris aux trains à se piloter eux-mêmes, pour offrir un service 100 % automatisé.

Avec le REM, ouvriers et ingénieurs se sont familiarisés avec de nouvelles façons de construire. Revivez avec eux les nombreux défis qu’ils ont surmontés pour creuser un tunnel clé-en-main sous les pistes de l’aéroport ou pour construire des voies aériennes grâce à des poutres de lancement, d’immenses chantiers ambulants qui survolent tous les obstacles. Et sur les rails comme au centre de contrôle, voyez comment les équipes de tests ont appris aux trains à se piloter eux-mêmes, pour offrir un service 100 % automatisé.

12 « J'aime »

I passionately hate the tilled columns. I hope they change it, it’s a really easy fix.

3 « J'aime »

J’assume que les panneaux d’information entre le rendu et là réalité n’est que temporaire, les autres tronçons n’étant pas encore actifs, parce que l’actuel fait cheap.

On est en 2023, on ne peut pas avoir quelque-chose de plus informatisé et dynamique?!?

4 « J'aime »

I am quite surprised, we look around the world and see other places use digital dynamic maps of their network (like almost all 470 NYC subway stations), when here paper is used. The good news is they can always be installed later, and I hope that’s done with the REM

2 « J'aime »

Lol they went cheap with every facet, cutting corners where they could. The mandate wasn’t to emulate Singapore or Seoul, it was to provide a people-moving service to Brossard and the airport in exchange for a 10% ROI.

7 « J'aime »

I’m willing to settle with that because it’s a first for us. Can’t expect to win the World Cup on your first presence at the competition.

Now going forward, I expect the quality of the product to be vastly superior. Their later presentation for the REM B was promising, as in it was heading the right way. It’s up to the government to assume their role as a client with high expectations, and not simply a used car salesman. Also, Taschereau is a better setting for something nice. Within reason.

2 « J'aime »

I may be in the minority here, but Taschereau will never be improved with a monolithic elevated metro instead of how it could benefit from the implantation of a protected-ROW, street-level tram.

8 « J'aime »

Est-ce qu’on connait la date de mise en service du tronçon de la rive-sud, on parlait de printemps, mais y’a-t-il eu des précisions entretemps?

We disagree on this topic.

Probablement un certain temps après la mise en service du tronçon sud, le temps que les gens apprennent à apprécier le produit. Cela servira justement comme un pitch de vente pour la clientèle cible.

My guess? Cet automne si le REM entre en opération en mai ou juin.
Edit: Ça permettra aussi de potentiellement contrer la présentation du PSE. Genre: Prenez ce qu’on vous offre, ou risquez ce que les autres feront avec ce tronçon.

3 « J'aime »

Okay, guys, guys, trams are not, like, a magic thing, all right? Driving development and moving people is what the idea is. It’s the tagged massive investments in renovating the streetscape that have y’all aroused, not the mode (see how 'merica handles trams :no_good_man:).

5 « J'aime »

Yes, 100%. The redevelopment will simply not improve the Taschereau corridor — if any redevelopment is undertaken at all — with a monolithic elevated metro.

La ligne ferme après celles de la la STM?!

C’est quoi,est:-ce un vidéo officiel?

I find it hard to believe that the rive sud municipal governments would be in active exchange with the CDPQi for months now and have nothing to offer in terms of redevelopment of the urban landscape around Taschereau. If they want this project to pass without a hitch, this project needs be awesome in every aspect. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the caisse actually offered to fund some of the investments not related to the metro itself to make the project get broad “acceptabilité sociale”.

1 « J'aime »

The West Island municipalities and boroughs had zero say in the OG REM process.

1 « J'aime »

While we’re at it, come to the West Island and have a look. Sure, it will improve mobility, there is no doubt about that. But it does not actually improve the West Island.

1 « J'aime »

Doesn’t help when they’re blocking ToD projects.

And even though the munis and boroughs had zero say, lets’ not forget that the REM gets there because their respective provincial deputies wanted them to.

Now having a layer of representatives not talking with another is another subject altogether…

2 « J'aime »

Unless things have changed, aren’t we supposed to get screens on top of the PSDs?

With the REM de l’Est debacle it has become clear that municipal governments have become major stakeholders and WILL derail your project if you don’t discuss with them from the very beginning.

To be fair I still think it’s kinda early to say; after all the REM isn’t even open yet. For all we know in 10-20 years the west island could look totally different…

…though I would be dishonest if I said I didn’t agree with you. I kinda feel like the TOD potential around the stations is kinda limited – limited enough that even after TODs occur (assuming they stop getting blocked at some point), I’m not so sure they’ll have much major impact in the grand scheme of things. The stations’ locations genuinely seem too difficult to work with IMHO, as if they were built to be park n ride stations without the park n ride aspect.

4 « J'aime »