REM - Discussion générale

Amen!

Ouais, après ils ne sont pas super impresionnants…

1 « J'aime »

In their defense, the CDPQ went for the least resistance. I think we’d still be in the planning stages if we tried to make it perfect and I see the concessions as being not super consequential for the potential number of riders.

In any case the REM won’t be alone able to change the West Island, but it’ll definitely change their immediate surroundings (municipal governments permitting) which will seed the change that can legitimately bring about a new way of life. I can’t fathom them reimagining service in the rest of the west without having something that links the West Island with the rest of Montréal reliably. The west just doesn’t have that many viable trips to be able to justify its own network of higher order transit, but the inclusion of the REM at least creates that driver that could increase ridership, improving service. Plus, hopefully the TODs will encourage higher density in duplexes and triplexes in what are the SFH areas. These changes just would not happen without some form of high order transit.

I would have preferred the Des Sources station be north of the 40, and a station at St-Charles, but overall I think the placement currently isn’t awful, especially if we acknowledge that most trips the rem is going to handle are those from any TOD and for those that already rode the DM train or the 470. So making sure you have as much space to build dense around stations is actually super pragmatic in my mind.

5 « J'aime »

We also have to acknowledge that while the current built up environment does not justify adding more stations, it could become desirable to add infill stations as density increases near highway 40.

1 « J'aime »

Ce matin encore on procédait à un décompte à l’arrêt métropolitain.

Je crains qu’il cherche des chiffres qui justifie le retard ou pire l’abandon de la station dans Griffintown…

1 « J'aime »

Based on LinkedIn profiles, the person managing the construction of the Deux-Montagnes section of the REM is also managing Griffintown station. Work wouldn’t begin until this segment of the REM is completed most likely then.

1 « J'aime »

Où ça? Au terminus Mansfield?

Tu parle du secteur multimédia ? C’est peut être pour analyser l’option de faire une navette suite a une pression des utilisateur de la rive sud ? Est ce qu’il IA beaucoup de gent qui utilise cette arrêt ? quelle pourcentage ?

Au TCV je vois régulièrement quelqu’un faire un décompte

C’est l’arrêt sur R.B.

Parfois ça arrive que les données des compteurs de passagers électroniques dans les bus et trains doivent être comparées avec des données prises à la main sur site.

Ça n’a probablement rien à voir avec CDPQ.

Ah c’est peut être le RTL qui fait des comptages manuels aussi.

Every time I see the tail end of the Central Station mainline platforms extending out into the open south of Bonaventure, I realize how stupidly close the GBL station would be to Centrale.

3 « J'aime »

? My brother in christ, la station Bernard-Landry est à 600-700 mètres de la Gare centrale c’est pas mal dans la moyenne pour des stations de métro au Centre-Ville. C’est seulement parce que tu peux les voir de dehors, contrairement au métro qui est souterrain.

7 « J'aime »

Un quartier si densément peuplé mérite une station proche :person_shrugging:

10 « J'aime »

There are roughly 500-600 meters between GBL, GC and McGill. Not that ridiculous for a metro in a dense downtown. Much less stupid than the 740 meters between two suburbs stations TMR and Canora.

If the GBL station had been furthur south (say on Smith) then it would be even harder to justify an eventual infill station at Bridge.

11 « J'aime »

Pour être honnête, c’est pas tant pour les résidants cette station (même si elle est le bienvenue). Ce sera pour tous les usagers de la rive-sud qui descendent à l’arrêt de bus William/Robert-Bourassa. C’est probablement plus de clientèle potentielle avec tout les emplois à proximité.

1 « J'aime »

Ben si, ça va rendre un tas de destinations soudainement accessibles beaucoup plus rapidement pour les gens habitant le quartier, surtout pour ceux qui ont affaire au nord de la montagne.

Et puis pas mal d’étudiants de l’ETS vont utiliser cette station aussi.

1 « J'aime »

So is it a downtown metro? Or is it a regional express? That’s a bit of schizophrenia right there

1 « J'aime »

It’s both and either. In the city, it’s a subway, having many stops that are somewhat close to each other, while out in the suburbs the distancing of stations make it more of a commuter train. But even with the distance in stations, I’d say it’s still a subway. In NYC, there’s a station that’s almost 5km apart from each other, but it’s still a “subway” because of the mode. If you ask Apple, they say it’s a tram (I’ve emailed them to correct it lol), so it’s depends who you ask I guess

4 « J'aime »