REM - Discussion générale

Compare the Average High and Low Temperature in Montréal and Sapporo

J’avais pas mis l’entièreté du graphique :joy:

6 « J'aime »

Buffalo est à l’est, dans la ligne de mire direct des tempêtes qui proviennent du Lac Erie tandis que Toronto est sur le coté nord ouest du Lac Ontario.

Je me suis trompé Buffalo est au bord du lac Érié.

Par contre ils sont presque a la meme longitude que Toronto mais plus au sud.

Si on regarde les moyennes de neige durant l’hiver, Buffalo doit etre proche de Montreal en precipitation.

En novembre 2014 durant une tempete de 3 jours ils ont recu a certains endroits 7 pieds de neige.

Low and High floors choice has not much to do with weather : high floor is more stable and can thus go faster. Low floors allow for faster boarding and easier to build stations. High floor is perfect for a high speed metro with few distant stations, low floor is prefect for a streetcar with stations every two hundred meters and which can’t go fast anyway because of the at grade nature of it.

5 « J'aime »

Ottawa should’ve chosen high floor vehicles. Going with the modified Citadis was a massive blunder.

3 « J'aime »

La décision avait été prise du temps qu’il était encore prévu de mettre certaines portions en mode tram. De ce je comprends. Le contrat pour le matériel roulant avait déjà été signé quand ils ont décidé de placer l’entièreté du système sur une emprise dédiée et la commande ne pouvait plus être changée.

5 « J'aime »
4 « J'aime »

Lol was just about to stick that here :wink:

Ottawa built a Metro and then fitted it with tramways :man_shrugging:

4 « J'aime »

I guess we could hopefully assume that after they finish off this work then the main 30 day tests will begin?

8 « J'aime »

36 messages ont été fusionnés à un sujet existant : Graffitis et tags

Île-Bigras station on the REM will have vines along a wall with the train:

Brossard station will also have vines on the wall but that’s for the bus terminal. None of these have tracks between each other though

4 « J'aime »

Are you certain that isn’t just an artistic representation? I mean, we’ve seen that story before. The end product rarely looks like what we were presented.

4 « J'aime »

Très bonne nouvelle (c’es ce plan ce respect). Je pense que tous (ou presque) les stations devrai prévoir cette approche.

I’m pretty sure, especially because it’s in the technical drawing too. The render made for this station is newer than some other stations, as it features the REM rolling stock. If you look at older renders, they’re further away from the final product (obviously) but let’s look at the render of Gare Centrale:

Reality:

If we look at a station like Panama which has older renders, here’s the green space on the visual online:
Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 4.18.21 PM

In reality, it’s prettier (in my opinion) than the render:

So far from what I’ve seen so far the landscaping of the REM stations is really nice, Île-Bigras should have the vines

4 « J'aime »

That’s Île Bigras?! That much parking doesn’t make sense. There’s parking at the next station, and you can walk anywhere on the island to the station in less than 10 minutes. Should’ve kept disabled parking and kiss and ride, and done something else with the rest.

3 « J'aime »

It was highway pillars.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/via-verde-vertical-gardens

13 messages ont été fusionnés à un sujet existant : REM - Matériel Roulant

J’ai déplacé tous les commentaires traitant des graffitis dans un sujet à part, on s’éloignait vraiment trop du REM, mais il y avait une discussion intéressante qui prenait place.

14 « J'aime »

Totally approve, and also not something CDPQi was ready to risk angering locals, they’re obsessed with parking spots. I listened to the q&a about this area in spetember and they were visibly upset that the parking would have like 5 parking spots less and that some places wouldn’t be free.