REM - Discussion générale

we’re moving…

3 « J'aime »

https://x.com/rem_infoservice/status/1731651683598356606

Ouf, pas comme si nous avions eu une énorme tempête.

1 « J'aime »

À la radio, on vient de dire qu’il y a des problèmes avec l’alignement des rames aux portes pallières. Les portes ne s’ouvrent pas, car les rames sont mal alignées

1 « J'aime »

J’espère pour alertes la STM et le REM ouvriront des comptes mastodon.

6 « J'aime »

À IDS la rame suivante en direction de la Gare c’est positionné à coté en direction opposé, et la rame a été évacué sur le quai 2.
Après ça j’ai pris le bus 168 pour éviter une foule compacte qui se dirigait vers le quai 1.
Les directions et information n’était pas clair, la communication au usagers n’a pas été amélioré du tout.

Est-ce qu’ils peuvent faire rouler de trains la nuit ou n’est ce pas possible jusqu’à la fin des travaux en mi-décembre?

Est-ce-que l’on sait si c’est les activités de meulage qui occasionne ces problèmes. Il me semble qu’ils ont testé plusieurs hiver et que tout semblait beau?

4 « J'aime »

That’s what I think it is too, because most of the issues are on the Monday morning right after the grinding work. But if it is, they should communicate that. The NYC Subway posts how “service is delayed because of working finishing late,” or even “service is delayed because a train missed the station,” that actually describes the situation to people, and if it happens again, people are able to guess how long it would take. REM should really do the same

4 « J'aime »

Someone did create a Montréal service tracker on Mastodon: https://mstdn.ca/@MTL_Transit_Status_en

4 « J'aime »

The fact that the REM (CDPQi) has not improved it’s communication with the users only exacerbate the impression that money and profitability is more important than user service and experience.

2 « J'aime »

I’m not sure to understand… i’m sure if the bad communication will continue they will lose customers so bad communication goes on the opposite direction of money and profitability.

6 « J'aime »

Absolutely, it does contradict itself in the long run, but than how do we explain the fact that the users are still left in the dark during a «slowdown» of the service?
Wouldn’t a better communication be something than can be done quickly?

1 « J'aime »

The non-competition clause is what is holding the ridership of the REM.
If a alternate bus system existed, many people would desert the service.

2 « J'aime »

100% sure. i think they took the wrong path. they know that all the media are on their back so they are trying to be extra careful to release information and this is playing again them. They remind me of Canadian Habs communication strategy during bergevin era

Sure, the 31 Saint-Denis and the 30 Saint-Hubert are always packed :rofl:

3 « J'aime »
1 « J'aime »

Je doubt fortement que l’ancien réseau de bus aurait performer mieux que le rem aujourd’hui. Le traffic sur le pont roule a environ 20 km/h en ce moment et plein de bus RTL on était annulé.

Pourquoi le zone de non concurrence pour le rem est un problem, mais le “de facto” zone de non concurrence pour la ligne jaune ne l’est pas? Quand il y a une panne sur la ligne jaune c’est le chaos totale au terminus Longueuil jusqu’à la reprise de service.

Et quand la station McGill ouvre, 90% des plaintes que les gens on sur le service vont disparaître.

14 « J'aime »

Eh, many is a stretch. When everything is working normally the REM is quite a lot faster since it isn’t subject to traffic, red lights, or any other nonsense. Today was a winter day so it ate s*** but the buses can’t exactly go fast either else it’ll skid and crash just like the drivers who tried, so it’s not like the buses would perform better either (not to mention that traffic is bad today also because of the winter)

That said I do agree in principle that mandating total non-competition is kinda lame. I agree that there should be less buses than before, but still having at least a few buses as an option for whomever really wants them is generally a good thing imho.

3 « J'aime »

Exo trains are all delayed by 15 minutes and my VIA rail train is delayed by an hour, there are car crashes across the area along the highways due to the weather but EVERYONE!! LOOK AT THE REM NOT WORKING! (That’s what I get from the article lol) I just think other services should be put into context with the REM, because isolating it seems questionable

21 « J'aime »