REM - Discussion générale

So I got word that the REM is a bit upset with the signs I’ve added. They’re saying it “affects their reputation,” which is honestly very strange.

I understand being bothered by those paper signs someone put up, but mine are literally just mimicking the ARTM signage exactly, in places where people can see them. They can also be easily removed if the REM really wanted to, although I’m not sure why they’d want to. People are genuinely lost with the confusing hallways, so having some signage of some kind is way better than nothing.

Additionally, from what I heard, because they opened the REM before the 30 day warning, the ARTM wasn’t ready to install signage. So what’s the issue with my signs? They’re easy to remove if they wanted, and should be replaced with real signs, mine are meant to be temporary. And in the meantime, they follow the ARTM standard, and give “business” to the REM essentially.

23 « J'aime »

I can definitely see a few issues with your signage. Somebody somewhere failed to consider that signage would be needed. Since you’ve been adding signage, the ARTM and CDPQ-I look bad for their lack of forethought. Somebody somewhere probably got a stern talking to and now feels humiliated. There’s also the fact that you plastered them on walls that belong to private entities.

Let’s not forget the fact that with a few hours work and very little material, you did a job that probably would have costed tens of thousands of dollars with planning, graphic design, consulting fees, the salary of the guy applying the sticker, the contractor watching the guy applying the sticker, the safety and security officer, and the guy standing there doing nothing, plus overtime pay because it has to happen at night while the network is closed for maintenance.

13 « J'aime »

Les quais de l’ARTM coûtent-ils plus cher que ceux de la gare d’autocars de Montréal?

Si c’est le cas, je pense qu’il est entendu que ces billets « gratuits » s’accompagnent d’une hausse conséquente du prix moyen des voyages offerts par Limocar.

1 « J'aime »

This I understand too, although the ARTM should collaborate with them to install standard signage as it’s the passage between the two networks, and currently there is not much saying what is where.

What’s good though, is because it’s just a sticker, they can always just peel it right off. The most residue it leaves can be washed off within a minute if it even leaves any in the first place.

Like you said, it’s an oversight on the ARTM and REM. I want my signs to be a temporary measure, at least until something is done, because people do get lost between the stations.

13 « J'aime »

Some unionized workers are very upset right now :rofl:

7 « J'aime »

If you hadn’t done it, STM staff would have put up Word docs on 8.5x11s like at Dorval, for example. The 30 day warning is a lame excuse too imo. There’s already permanent signage at Édouard-Montpetit for the REM, so it could have been installed early and covered, nevermind that they had years to prepare.

My guess is that they’re waiting for the Place Bonaventure connection to be opened. As far as I know, that’s been the planned transfer route since day 1.

4 « J'aime »

Nouvelle vidéo de la chaîne Oh the Urbanity! sur le cocktail transport REM/Métro + Vélo

11 « J'aime »

J’ignore le coût précis (parce que ce serais le premier quai loué dans un terminus du REM), mais ce que je sais c’est que la compétition pour un quai au REM est plus féroce (moins de quais disponibles, plus de compétiteurs). Du côté du transport interurbain, c’est la crise encore et la compétition est beaucoup moindre pour avoir un quai (ou une plage d’utilisation d’un quai) de façon générale.

Je l’espère vraiment. Je trouve juste incroyable que les choses évoluent aussi lentement, ça en est vraiment ridicule.

I wouldn’t worry about it. I think they are way more people appreciating what you’ve done than people upset because they found their way faster to the REM. :laughing: As you said if they’re unhappy they can peel them. If they do though we should all write them back to make a complaint :rofl:

7 « J'aime »

But it seems a lot of work though… Opening MS Word, type a text, insert one or two logos and then send it to printing. Can’t be done without a feasibility study.

2 « J'aime »

Don’t forget the study to study the feasibility of a feasibility study.

4 « J'aime »

D’où sors-tu ça? C’est juste ton opinion ou ça vient de l’ARTM?

2 « J'aime »

J’ai travaillé dans le domaine quelques années et je connais encore des gens qui y sont.

Mais c’est aussi relativement simple à extrapoler. Les OPTC n’ont pas à dépenser une cenne pour avoir un quai. Par contre ils se battent pour avoir le maximum de quais pour leurs organisations et c’est l’ARTM qui tranche les litiges lorsqu’il y en a.
Pour les quais restants, l’ARTM (qui est toujours à la recherche des fonds) peut exiger ce qu’elle veut. Considérant que Brossard est la destination la plus prisée pour n’importe quel transporteur hors-CMM vu que c’est la station le plus accessible, ses quais seront les plus en demande, d’autant plus qu’il faut conserver une capacité résiduelle pour les optc dans le futur.
Pour me l’être fait confirmé, le tarif exigé par l’ARTM pour louer un quai à SJSR est définitivement l’argument qui a fait que ces derniers ont optés pour continuer à se rendre au centre-ville. Faut aussi dire que SJSR souhaitait avoir 2 quais pour faciliter ses opérations.
Donc c’est garantie que si Limocar se rend à Brossard, il va payer un prix élevé. Mais le prix comme tel, je ne le connais pas :slight_smile:

6 « J'aime »

I highly doubt that they would have a case against you for dammage to their reputation. They’d have to prove that the stickers changed people’s perception of the REM and that they suffered losses from that. However, they probably have the right to ask you to stop putting more as you’re using their branding without their permission.

That being said, if they ever send you a message directly and you need legal advise, don’t hesitate to ask! We’re a few lawyers in here and I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s supporting you in this.

19 « J'aime »

Problème à la station Du Quartier, les gens stationnent leur auto devant les commerces, supposément que les stationnements Panama et Brossard se remplissent vite. J’imagine que cela va se régler lundi prochain lorsque les nouveaux horaires et parcours du RTL seront en vigeur.

‘Parking is impossible’: REM users on Montreal’s south shore risk fines, being towed - Montreal | Globalnews.ca

2 « J'aime »

Je vais souvent me stationner à Brossard (2-3 jours/semaines), et meme aux heures de pointes le stationnement est gros max a moitié plein… Ca va surement changer à la rentrée.

8 « J'aime »

Bon ben, ce sont les gens qui vont pas au bon endroit. Merci pour l’info.

Chitilian quitte CDPQi, je me demande qui va le remplacer, si d’autres vont le suivre, et s’il y aura un impact (notamment pour le prochain projet)