Réaménagement de l'avenue des Pins

L’intersection des Pins et Saint-Laurent était complètement fermée aujourd’hui:

5 « J'aime »

Encore de gros travaux au niveau de Saint-Laurent, complètement fermé.

À partir de Parc, vers l’est, on distingue la piste cyclable:

13 « J'aime »

Début de travaux pour la bâtiment de la CSDM sur Des Pins? (pas trouvé un autre forum pour ça)

6 « J'aime »

Donc ici on va tout simplement rénover ce bâtiment ? Voilà une occasion ratée d’y mettre des logements sociaux et du même coup d’ajouter à la densité du secteur en attendant que le projet de l’Immeuble des sourdes-muettes aboutisse !

La rue ouverte vers l’ouest, le chantier est légèrement dégagé de Saint-Laurent maintenant:

13 « J'aime »

Entre Saint-Urbain et Saint-Laurent:

13 « J'aime »

I hope the design used here will be passed to other streets, I find this layout the best, as the bike paths can’t be blocked by vehicles, and the trees don’t take space into the sidewalk (which I do wish were a little bit larger, and the road lanes were made smaller). This type of layout would be great on St-Antoine between Square Victoria and Peel, for example

7 « J'aime »

Also when you drive across or need to turn, you can look one way first (cars + bikes), then the other way.
When both directions are on one side it’s just messier

3 « J'aime »

On top of that, only signalled intersections allow traffic to cross Pine. Otherwise you need to turn, which avoids cars making a mad dash for it at un-signalled intersections (a problem on St-Joseph, Mont-Royal, Rachel and many other streets).

1 « J'aime »

I hope the section between Av des Pins and Parc is eventually worked on, or at least a safer connection to the existing bike path. I noticed several of cars using the existing bike lane as a turn lane, because it’s not protected at all.

Further down its hostile towards both pedestrians and bikes:

8 « J'aime »

indeed, Connexion to Hutchison is not ideal. All this intersection should be completely improved.

1 « J'aime »

Something like this would be nice in the long term, but just for the short term, I hope the bus stop is raised like on the REV, and posts are added to prevent cars from driving into the lane

2 « J'aime »

let’s be a little bit more radical :wink:

10 « J'aime »

I took this idea even further… imagine this plus a protected bike lane on rue Hutchinson, like there is on rue de Brébeuf:

By having it protected like this, there wouldn’t be any interaction with cars between avenue du Parc and rue Prince Arthur.

What is now avenue des Pins, can just have grass added, like on rue De La Gauchetière:

Here’s the Rue de Brébeuf bike lane, which is protected and two way, and is about the same width as rue Hutchison:

5 « J'aime »

How did you modify the Apple Maps? It is well done!

1 « J'aime »

Thank you! I took a screenshot and edited it on my computer using an app called Pixelmator Pro (it’s similar to photoshop but way cheaper!)

1 « J'aime »

So one thing I noticed, since ave des Pins will have a bike lane, I wonder if they will connect the bike path that is found on the east side of ave du Parc. I feel like its a wasted opportunity and redundant to expect a cyclist to cross the avenue and do so again further up.

1 « J'aime »

yes exactly what we are sharing above, hopefully it’s soon or something temporary at least

Also, I’m not sure what you call this intersection. Is it Avenue des Pins Ouest and Avenue des Pins Ouest?

2 « J'aime »

Travaux pour la finition de la jonction avec Saint-Laurent pour la section est:

Du côté ouest, ça avance bien, les trottoirs prennent forme et le pavage avance au niveau de Parc:

21 « J'aime »

16 « J'aime »