Prolongement de la ligne bleue - Projet global

“Pie IX 2”, “Viau bis” et “L’autre Langelier”… On signe une pétition pour l’adoption de ces noms? :joy:

2 « J'aime »

“Prochaine station: Papineau – next station: Pope in de water.”

6 « J'aime »

Plutôt que de prendre la rue transversale, j’ai entendu d’une bonne source que les stations se nommeraient Jean-Talon II, Jean-Talon III, etc, etc :innocent:

8 « J'aime »

Moi je dis pie IX vert devient Parc olympique et pie ix bleu devient pie ix.

6 « J'aime »

Prochaine station: L’accord d’air.

4 « J'aime »

Par le temps qu’on aura construit le métro on aura changé d’alphabet alors pas de problème: Πιε-ΙΧ… :slight_smile:

1 « J'aime »

sing along, but replace ‘smoke’ with ‘pope’ :slight_smile:

1 « J'aime »

Potential station names (not official, just what I think could be considered with adjacent streets, parks, boulevards, etc):

• Pie-IX : Pie-IX Nord (Pie-IX on green could become Pie-IX Sud) or Le Boulevard (adjacent shopping mall)
  • Viau : De Cannes
  • Lacordaire could be used or [Parc] Ladauversière for the park across the street
  • Langelier: Langelier Nord (making Langelier on green Langelier Sud)
  • Anjou : Anjou could be used or Louis H. La Fountaine

I believe they’re going to be named after women, and the STM is just asking the families currently if they’re comfortable using the names for the stations

2 « J'aime »

Franchement j’espère que non!!! Au moins pas les plus “non brainer” comme Lacordaire et Anjou.
Quand les noms sont aussi forcer, ça en devient ridicule. Je trouve ça plus pratique et logique nommer les stations avec noms de rues , places adjacentes (ça peut aussi les faire connaître). Déjà je dois encore me remettre du “Marie Curie” du REM au lieu du CANADIEN Frédéric Banting, franchement! Et oui je sais vous allez me dire que la rue Marie Curie est adjacente, mais il y a combien de station Marie Curie dans le monde!
Bon j’arrête ça me fâche :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 « J'aime »

There are several metro stations where the street names were renamed with the construction of the metro station, such as Lucien L’Allier and Namur, they’d likely rename some streets to match the new metro station names too

5 « J'aime »

Je pense qu’après Snowdon, Namur, Lasalle, et autres on va survivre.

9 « J'aime »

Oh I wasn’t aware of that plan… I thought they were going to stick to naming the stations by the adjacent streets but was wondering how they’d do it if most of the line follows Jean-Talon E.

I don’t like double names like Langelier Nord and Sud. We can be more creative than that. I don’t like naming them after people since history shows in 50 years we’ll find reason to hate those people and try and cancel them. We could name them after regions of Quebec (Gaspé, Gatineau, St Jean etc) but inevitable people will get off at those stations thinking they’re in Gaspé, Gatineau and St Jean and will sue the STM for misleading them. So I’ll suggest we take the safe route and just name them 69, 70, 71, 72 etc for the number of stations on the network and to make it more artistic we can write out the names, soixante neuf, soixante-dix etc. For specialty stops like Les Galeries d’Anjou we could just say 73 Centre d’Achat that way we don’t favour any retailers or developers of mall owners over other retailers, developers and mall owners in the area. Shout out to Marche 440! :joy:

2 « J'aime »

Il y en a plein qui vont sortir à la station 69 et vont être déçu.

9 « J'aime »

Je ne sais pas si ça existe ailleurs dans le monde mais pourquoi ne pas utiliser l’adresse physique de la station comme nom officiel (ex. 7950 RUE SHERBROOKE E au lieu de Honoré Beaugrand). Trop long?

Nos rues sont trop longues pour ça, surtout si une station se situe sur une rue qui cours sur la moitié de la longueur de l’île.

1 « J'aime »

New York utilise le nom des intersections pour certaines de ces stations si je ne me trompe pas (cela pourrait être une autre option)

Edit : je confirme…

2 « J'aime »

Galeries d’Anjou is also situated in Anjou, so naming the station Anjou wouldn’t be problematic whether the mall stays there or not… Alternatively, we can do like Chicago does for the L and just name each station after the adjacent streets on different lines or sometimes even on the same line (personally not a fan): California, Central, Chicago, Cicero, Damen, Kedzie and Western.

It’s a little ridiculous and can probably be confusing.

1 « J'aime »

I agree for the final station on the line. Les Galeries d’Anjou or more practically just Anjou would work. The station will be located just off the mall’s parking lot. I was completely joking about naming the stations by numbers btw. That would be even more ridiculous.

I’ll take back my dislike for double names too… an alternative could be Langelier-Bleu and Langelier-Vert just in case they someday build a more southern or northern line that reaches Langelier. This way the name is linked to the line it’s in and still identifies the boulevard. However my first choice would be to just find a historical person to name it after and hope there’s nothing that can ruin their reputation. Oscar Peterson would have been a good choice for instance for a station on the western green line but it failed to get enough support.

1 « J'aime »