Ouvrages d'art Antenne Deux-Montagnes - Discussion

They finished the grinding on time, its no longer on the works map.
Starting tonight they are grinding between jonction de l’ouest and canora

2 « J'aime »

I also got this

Vu ce matin au viaduc Toupin. Il y a un marteau piqueur et ce qui semble être une machine pour insérer des tubes. Quelqu’un sait ce qu’ils font?

Bref je ne m’attend pas à voir des tests jusqu’à Bois-Franc pour tout de suite.

3 « J'aime »

Peut-être pour l’écoulement des eaux?

2 « J'aime »

L’espacement entre les tubes est un bon indice de leur utilité. Il semble y avoir déjà une cloture sur ce segment, donc je ne sais pas trop. Est-ce qu’il va y avoir un mur anti-bruit?

1 « J'aime »

Ils ont déjà installé un mur anti-bruit directement sur le viaduc au dessus de Toupin il y a plusieurs mois. J’imagine qu’ils l’auraient mis sur les rampes en même temps à moins que des résultats de tests sonores démontrent que c’est aussi nécessaire là. À suivre.

Au Téléjournal

Le REM : une nouvelle phase de test débute

Une nouvelle phase de test a commencé depuis la fin juin sur le tronçon Deux-Montagnes du REM. Les trains circuleront pour valider les infrastructures et vérifier les voies ainsi que les quais.

CDPQ infra affirme avoir bénéficié de l’ouverture du REM sur la rive-Sud ce qui accélère le déploiement. Cependant, la réfection du tunnel Mont-Royal retarde toujours la mise en service qui est maintenant prévue pour 2025.

Le reportage de Marie-Josée Paquette-Comeau.

5 « J'aime »

I can confirm the testing is very frequent and at high speeds now…I saw at least 12 trains in an hour (both 2 car and 4 car ones) and they were very fast unlike tests from a few weeks ago. Surprisingly quiet too, half of the time I couldn’t even hear them until I saw them…

28 « J'aime »

Is there testing every day at this point?

Not sure but today was definitely very active

A big factor that will play into the main and DM branches being quieter than the south shore branch is that they’re mostly at ground-level. The ground will absorb the vibrations far better than the aerial structure, which should really help with the noise.

12 « J'aime »

The prefab concrete voussoir structures in the West Island should also be more quiet than the steel beam structure east/south of the the canal.

4 « J'aime »

Highway 40 is already FAR MORE NOISY than any electric train so that helps lol

9 « J'aime »

lol true but 15 metres up any excess noise from REM will propagate over much longer distances, especially in winter.

2 « J'aime »

I’m two kilometres from the 40 and can’t sleep with windows open because of the constant din of the traffic on the loud concrete, punctuated by the occasional (but frequent) loud crotch rockets, fart cannons, and rolling-coal diesel trucks.

1 « J'aime »

And electric cars won’t change anything to this constant highway noise, it could even worsen with heavier vehicles and larger SUV tires.

8 « J'aime »

Pierrefonds-Roxboro Coffee Meeting - Presentation of the approach to noise Pierrefonds-Roxboro Coffee Meeting - Presentation of the approach to noise

July 22, 2024
from 2 PM to 8 PM

Centre communautaire Gerry-Robertson
9665, boulevard Gouin Ouest, Montréal, QC H8Y 1R4

The REM team invites you to a coffee meeting to present the ongoing process surrounding noise analysis and to answer your questions.

In recent months, our team of multidisciplinary experts has been very active on the issue of noise in the Deux-Montagnes and Laval area. This will be an opportunity for you to fully understand the past, ongoing, and future steps concerning the management of REM noise.

A public meeting will take place later in the year to present the results of the analyses and, if necessary, any additional mitigation measures that will be installed.

*This site is wheelchair accessible. Children are welcome!

5 « J'aime »

Est-ce que quelqu’un sait si ça teste pas mal tous les jours ces temps-ci? @AliFatCat? Je pense peut-être aller voir s’il y a des tests aujourd’hui, mais je me demande s’il y a un meilleur moment pour y aller.

Je ne sais pas pour quelle période ils prévoient de tester, mais j’ai seulement vu des tests des derniers semaines pres des midis des jours de semaines

1 « J'aime »

Pas de tests la fin de semaine? Je regarde aussi pour aller voir les tests dans les prochains jours.