ARTM - Discussion générale

Ce que je comprends plutôt est que les téléphones intègreront un porte-feuille électronique de paiement qui permettra de charger une valeur monétaire aux comptes Apple/Google/Samsung Pay associés, mais ne permettra pas le chargement des titres tarifaires de la STM (pas de titres mensuels/hebdo/24h/autres) sur le téléphone.

Le porte-monnaie transport semble juste faire référence à une valeur monétaire qu’on pourra charger sur la carte OPUS 2.0 et qui sera prélevée dans les transports au lieu d’un titre tarifaire unitaire/hebdo/mensuel/autres.

2 « J'aime »

1 « J'aime »

Si selement l’artm regardais à l’ouest vers toronto … Presto déja disponible sur google wallet

Qu’est-ce qui est mieux, Chrono ou Transit? Je n’ai jamais utilisé ces applications (je prends tout le temps le métro).

1 « J'aime »

Chrono is more unstable than Transit from what I can tell. Chrono takes longer to load too, and just depends on Google Maps.

Transit uses data from the transit providers directly (like Apple Maps and Google Maps), and uses OpenStreetMap for walking and biking directions which is better than Google Maps from when I’ve used it. Transit lets you combine modes too, like biking to the métro, and it also has crowdsourced live transit data so you can see where the bus is more accurately than on Chrono. They also let you see what part of the train to be closest to your exit/connection

9 « J'aime »

Je trouve Transit plus user friendly

11 « J'aime »

I find Transit way more intuitive than any other transit app. Chrono especially is heavily direction/navigation-based and doesn’t allow for seeing available transit lines in an area without selecting a specific stop.

I genuinely don’t understand why money was spent developing Chrono when (Montreal-based) Transit has a program to partner with agencies to provide all their users with the subscription.

8 « J'aime »

Transit also allows you to follow you in your transit and tell you when to leave (go in transit) (start in Google maps) while chrono does not have that feature at all

1 « J'aime »

And if you have correspondence and your bus is late due to traffic it can tell you alternative live

J’ai acheté une inscription à l’application Transit et j’adore.

5 « J'aime »

Ottawa got rid of their own app and replaced it with Transit and gave everyone in the region the subscription. OC Transport just pays $150k a year (equivalent to a single person’s salary), which shows it would be way cheaper for the ARTM to do that for Montreal and the region than working on their own app…

7 « J'aime »

Sherbrooke does the exact same thing. They did use to have an application, but it wasn’t the most practical thing. To put it that way, its fair to say that “there was an attempt” and that’s about as far as that went. If you just want to get the full schedule on their website, I’m rather certain that it is still only available as a PDF to this day. They can’t even be bothered to copy paste the table, and format it properly on their website. For anyone attempting to view the schedule on a cellphone, it just isn’t a very friendly way to do so. In that context, having the Transit app free of charge really helps.

1 « J'aime »

Il y avait déjà eu un projet pilote entre Transit et l’ARTM en 2020. Transit app now sells touch-free bus fares in Montréal 🍑✨ – Transit

Quelqu’un sait ce qui s’est passé?

My guess: La pandémie lol

Even though it used a barcode, it didn’t communicate with the machines and just used drivers trust, similar to how you can get tickets on the 747 via Transit. Like @SkahHigh said, for the pandemic.

I actually used this when I first moved in 2021, I got out of quarantine and took a bus, showed this to the driver, and they just looked at me confused (I wasn’t sure what to do lol)

3 « J'aime »

Took me months to figure out the way to see transit lines close to my area it to tap a blank* area on the map. Access to this feature is so unintuitive I’m still very frustrated it was implemented that way.

I’m almost certain that neither l’ARTM nor la STM are allowed to contract this kind of service from private entities before opening a call for tenders.

* by blank I mean any area on the map that is not a stop pin.

However unlike the old tickets, yul 747 tickets allow transfers when asking the driver to print a 24h magnetic card

1 « J'aime »

And then theres Google map that has this feature (watch support) than none of the 3rd party apps have.

screenshot-2024-03-05-18-21-18

(Screenshot is from watch)

Idk about Apple maps and apple watches.

Exactly the same thing, with real-time status information in the apps, including bus/train position.

Google and Apple Maps have real-time transit info now? That was the biggest thing that made me switch to Transit/Chrono when planning my trips.