ARTM - Discussion générale

L’ARTM teste actuellement un nouveau système de recharge de la carte OPUS par téléphone cellulaire. Elle est à la recherche de volontaires pour en faire l’essai dans le cadre de la prochaine phase bêta du projet, en mars.

La phase de tests concernée a lieu du 4 au 24 mars pour la phase 2.

https://www.adhoc-opinions.com/SE/1/ARTM_Chrono-Recharge_OPUS_Phase2/?&urlimport=1&questlist=SOURCE&SOURCE=5

Participez en grand nombre !

2 « J'aime »

In an old message from 2020, the STM was considering using TCV for their buses. I’m not sure where this has gone now but would be great to see an update to:

1 « J'aime »

Chrono beta just got released to the public with the purchase of fares built in.

Screenshot_20240304-101852

6 « J'aime »

It’s not available for me or someone else I know yet. I think it’s going to be a phased release!

You need to join the beta first with them.
Android is march 4th
Ios is March 11 threw TestFlight

Oh I was just confused by the wording of your message, because you said Chrono Beta is public, I thought you meant the whole feature is public now

2 « J'aime »

The new beta does not have an nda attached to it so for me it’s “public” beta

Are you sure? I remember signing up for the beta a couple of days ago and there was a NDA checkbox.

1 « J'aime »

Ah yes just rechecked and your right oups

This is going to be a pretty long post…

This morning, I was browsing the ARTM SEAO postings and stumbled upon their request for proposals for their new OPUS ticketing system.
After spending a solid 30 bucks on the documents, I’ve uncovered some pretty cool details that I wanted to share with the forum.

1. Current companies competing for the contract

As of right now (9 days until the contract expires), the only recognizable company that’s submitted their RFP is Transit! Which is great news, since that means that they’re going to be able to integrate the entire ARTM ticketing system into their app on launch
2. Interesting features

-The selected app will be able to select the cheapest (best) fare depending on usage frequency (i.e.: after 7 uses, a weekly ticket is automatically billed instead of individual tickets)

-The app must allow for tap-out

(Exit times will also be able to be recorded by the app in order to facilitate data gathering and minimize the need for surveys) amount of surveys needed)

-There will be a feature to transfer tickets between accounts (i.e. Gifting). User accounts will be divided into two types: authenticated and unauthenticated accounts. In order to authenticate an account, you’ll need to go to a ticket office with a photo ID, after which your account will be expanded to allow for more features.

-The current OPUS system will be discontinued shortly after the introduction of this system. In the meanwhile, the new system will be fully backwards-compatible with current OPUS equipment to facilitate the transition.
-The new system will allow for Google pay and Apple pay implementation without the need to open the app. Various media types for tickets will be used, including NFC, QR-codes, and current OPUS cards.
In the short term, Calypso will still be support for backwards-compatibility with current OPUS cards, with the entire system migrating to NFC-only soon.

So when’s all this happening?

According to this chart:
-In 9 days, the due date for submissions will be reached
-Afterwards, a company will be chosen to execute this contract
-By Q3 2024, the ARTM will finalize their works on the back-ends necessary for implementation of the new system
-By Q4 2024, new equipment will be installed by the ARTM (new ticket machines)

I’m still sifting through the documents. I’ll update this post as more details appear.
I don’t think I’ll have the time to look through everything, so here are the links to the documents for anyone willing to scroll through them!

24 « J'aime »

From what i can read,
Google pay, apple pay and Samsung pay seems to only be for buying and not for hosting tickets

3 « J'aime »

2 « J'aime »

I don’t see any notion to be able to host the ticket on Apple pay/Google pay/Samsung pay

1 « J'aime »

Basically to summarize the transition more technically in text:

The current OPUS system, which operates on a card-centric basis, will transition to the new account-based ticketing system. During this migration phase, the central account-based ticketing system will introduce a new range of tariffs, customer files, account-based ticketing cards and contracts, and will handle validation processing for account-based ticketing, open payment, and 2D barcode systems.

The switch from the current OPUS system to the CONCERTO system will occur in a one-off event known as “Le grand soir.” During this event, the repository for customer and contract data will be transferred to the CONCERTO system. The equipment will start to detect the common transport chip cards and migrate them to the account-based ticketing mode following this transfer. It should be noted that occasional chip cards will not be migrated, and the sale of magnetic cards will be decommissioned on the sales equipment of the ARTM networks.

The central OPUS system will enable the new sales equipment application to switch the processing from a card-centric basis to account-based ticketing from a programmed date for that group of equipment. A third-party software module is tasked with migrating common transport chip cards to account-based ticketing. Every time a card-centric common transport chip card is read, the sales equipment software will transmit the residual values read on the card to the third-party account-based ticketing software module. Depending on the response from the third-party module, the sales equipment software will either migrate the card to account-based ticketing or continue to display the function for selling card-centric transport products.

Now I wonder if the OPUS name will go away and instead we’ll be able to get a new card called CONCERTO

6 « J'aime »

Opus is a fantastic name. Magnum opus, carte à puce, it has more than one meaning. Concerto is ass imo. If they chose a new name it should be catchy ma carte concerto is not

2 « J'aime »

What I hope is they use the name to it’s advantage, use pretty sounds maybe with it, make it more unique to easily identify it, like with the design of the card too (as currently the gradient is very very dated looking)

Ok sadly looking into it more, CONCERTO is probably not a new name for the OPUS card but rather the name of the project or the software solution being developed and integrated by Conduent. STM called this “Projet Céleste” before, so this time it’s “Projet Concerto”

2 « J'aime »

Opus is snappier but I think Concerto is a stronger name, especially the meaning. You could build a really interesting brand identity using the themes associated with the word and that type of musical composition. I doubt the name will change though.

1 « J'aime »

Concerto makes more sense in that context, like everything working “in concert”, all the ticketing. But yea I agree just for the record that Opus is ugly. But for international standards the name is actually really good in terms of double meaning. Most cards are some form of metrocard, bus card or tap/beep card. If it can look a bit more aesthetic like Presto then we’re golden

2 « J'aime »

Also, OPUS has a negative connotation among transit users cuz of its technological limitations, I believe.

1 « J'aime »

I found mention of Projet Concerto in this ARTM document

Programme des immobilisations 2023-2032

3 « J'aime »