ARTM - Discussion générale

Really wondering who they asked.
The zone system is far from optimal for operations (need to have multiple cards by zone), and quite unfair. How does a trip on the REM from SADB to downtown costs less than from Brossard wheras the latest one is a shorter distance.

They had the right proposal with a tap in/tap out for heavy transportation (metro, REM, trains), a cheap, flat rate for local bus only rides and a more expensive one for express bus.

3 « J'aime »

Absolument !

L’ARTM teste la recharge mobile auprès de 2000 usagers

Recharger sa carte OPUS avec un téléphone intelligent sera bientôt possible dans la grande région de Montréal. L’Autorité régionale de transport métropolitain (ARTM) testera jusqu’en mars cette fonctionnalité auprès de 2000 usagers, après quoi elle devrait être rendue disponible à l’ensemble de la population.

4 « J'aime »

There seems to be a new variation in design of the L’occasionnelle cards (not my photos):

IMG_0318
IMG_0319

5 « J'aime »

Good, less colour, less wasted paint, less cost.

3 « J'aime »

I was wondering why I saw a white occasionnelle card on the floor of a metro station!

4 « J'aime »

Yeah, I saw them at Brossard on January 25 for the first time.

Stupid question,

Once we finally switch from opus to whatever the future will hold, could it be somewhat possible for the artm to somehow allow presto users to tap to pay here? Or since there is a provincial border between qc and on this is literally impossible?

1 « J'aime »

Hypothetically, yes! They both use ISO/IEC 14443 for communication, a main problem would be the software needing to be worked out across all of Ontario, and Quebec.

Hypothetically, with an OPUS account in the future, you could have a separate virtual wallet on your OPUS account where you could add value to use in Ontario. PRESTO would the also get a separate virtual wallet for getting tickets in Quebec (as we don’t use a value based system).

Of course, this would require a LOT of integration, as they would have different fare loading systems online, and data privacy agreements between provinces. The mobile ticketing company that allows you to purchase OPUS fares on your phone would have to agree that users could use a competitor to purchase fares for a different system too. I think with enough will, it could be possible.

3 « J'aime »

Donc on veut se débarrasser du support physique OPUS pour éventuellement permettre un autre support physique?

:upside_down_face:

I believe the goal is to have both. There are older people that find physical cards easier to use than digital. I don’t think this is as common here in Montreal, but in NYC they made a physical card to tap for people that can’t/don’t have bank accounts so they can pay in cash

2 « J'aime »

I meant to use the money in presto the same way one could use a credit card or something, tourists and stuff not needing to get another thing etc etc

We have several different fare systems accros the province. I honestly think that we should start by harmonising our own payments systems before we worry about integration with another province.

4 « J'aime »

J’ai finalement pu utiliser l’appli en achetant 10 passages pour une collègue. Cela a bien fonctionné.

Ce matin elle me fait part que le billet qu’il lui restait avant que je lui charge son nouveau carnet n’a pas été utilisé. Pour une raison quelconque le système a préféré débiter un des nouveaux billets achetés avec l’app… Curieux non?

1 « J'aime »

Pour moi, c’est surtout étrange qu’il n’ait pas ajouté au nombre de passages du carnet original. C’est ça que fait sur ma carte. Peut-être parce que j’avais déjà 12 billets à mon carnet.

Je n’ai pas ce problème, tous mes titres ont été combinés sur une ligne

1 « J'aime »

Je me demande si cela n’a pas de rapport avec le type de carte Opus…

De ce que je sais du système OPUS, c’est que les titres de transport ont des numéros de produits. Si les numéros de produit sont différents, ils sont sur des lignes différentes.

Donc je ne sais pas si les produit vendu en ligne sur l’application sont différent de ceux vendus via la plateforme avec le connecteur USB ou avec les équipements de vente et perceptions dans les stations/pointe de vente.

C’est la seule chose qui me vient en tête pour le moment.

2 « J'aime »

Ça serait une bonne explication en effet même si “en surface” ils sont identiques.

Et sur Chrono c’est le même affichage ?