895 De La Gauchetière (Gare Centrale) - 2*? étages (200m)

J’espère vraiment que le fait de souligner que le CCU veut plus d’audace architecturale pour en faire un projet signature permettra une réelle bonification du projet car pour l’instant, on parle deux boîtes rectangulaires avec peu de détails. J’aime qu’on mentionne que certaines façades auraient un rappel aux rails, mais j’espère qu’on ira plus loin et qu’on se retrouve avec un projet comme le 900 Saint-Jacques.

7 « J'aime »

2e métropole au Canada, et on espère atteindre architecturalement le 900 Saint-Jacques pour considérer un design comme réussi?

:face_exhaling:

5 « J'aime »

J’aime bien qu’ils voudraient voir un rappel à la métropole dans leurs recommandations. Mais comme toi, ça m’exaspère qu’on doit pousser encore pour avoir une architecture digne du lieu

2 « J'aime »

What I hope is the ARTM signage will be used or something similar, to harmonize the station with the rest of the transit network. At least having the same pictograms like the train logos and elevator icons.

Also @Fleurdelys for the name of this chat, the “De La” should be capitalized as it’s part of the name

3 « J'aime »

La prochaine étape sera de répondre aux exigences du CCU. Ensuite il y aura des lectures s’il y a des dérogations. Ensuite un permis de démolition et de construction. Si je ne trompe pas :slight_smile:

6 « J'aime »

Un rappel à la métropole dans ce style ?

Pour le coup, ça serait réellement audacieux :sweat_smile:

23 « J'aime »

Mon esprit tordu ne voit qu’un butt plug géant :woozy_face:

4 « J'aime »

I just want to share a quote from Vincent Ponte, who drafted the master plans for both Place Ville Marie and Place Bonaventure, as well as being to pioneer of first section of the RÉSO:

By the year 2000 the Queen Elizabeth will be a fleabag. It’s all part of the way society changes. We don’t build things to last anymore. We’re affluent and we can afford to keep throwing things away and replacing them with newer, bigger and better.
All the great cities of the world were created by kings and emperors – who had taste. You just can’t stop everything. You have to let development continue. There are too many investments, too much money at stake.

If we want Gare Centrale to become a modern station, as well as the area, we need to move on from the existing buildings. I don’t believe we should tear down the Queen Elizabeth (this does give off some urban renewal which isn’t the best), but I do think tearing down or renovating the CN offices (which will be moved) to be integrated in this project would greatly improve the area, especially if we integrate more public space around it.

14 « J'aime »

We don’t build things to last anymore…

Cette phrase. Ayoye. L’epoque du pont Champlain 1.0 et Turcot. Lol.