STM - Discussion générale sur le service et le réseau d'autobus

Data for bus stop ridership and consequent amenities.

Thanks to @Filyx20 for the raw data. You can consult his request here and here.

For my upcoming article, I’ve compiled data based on ridership and what amenities were available at the bus stop. There are several interesting conclusions from this data:

• Some bus stops see less than 1 boarding per day, yet have schedules and shelters, while some bus stops that see well above a thousand boardings per weekday have either no schedule or shelters.
  • Some bus stops that are not near a Métro station see above a thousand boardings per day, while some near Métro stations have only a few dozen.
  • No Pie-IX SRB / BRT bus stops make it in the top 1% of bus stop ridership
  • 46% of schedules and 56% of shelters are placed at bus stops serving between 25 and 120 customers per day, representing 22% of the ridership. This could mean that the STM is installing more shelters & schedules at bus stops that see less ridership and perhaps where buses run less frequently.

I would have really believed that stops above at least 500 people per day will have a schedule posted (many cases a shelter cannot be installed due to space requirements), but this is clearly not the case. But this leaves potential for the dozen-ish bus stops that don’t in this section.

Please share your other interesting observations below.

PDF_version_bus_stop_amenities_based_on_ridership.pdf (261,8 Ko)

For those that want to further analyze the data:
Bus stop data.xlsx (2,3 Mo)

7 « J'aime »