Station Ville-de-Mont-Royal

et Griffintown (si jamais on vas l’avoir)

J’ai lu que c’est pour que la station soit mieux intégrée visuellement avec le bâtiment briques rouges de l’ancienne gare (qui est le resto Pizzaiolle depuis plus de 15 ans si je ne m’abuse).

1 « J'aime »

La pizzeria est dans l’immeuble de la gare d’origine.

1 « J'aime »

23 avril 2024

23 « J'aime »

Après celui-là, une nouvelle ligne de bus entre la station et Royalmount ?

J’ai comme l’impression qu’il n’y a pas beaucoup d’espace pour des autobus autour de cette station, je me trompe?

C’est comme si soit ce seront des transfert à pied, ou des ‘‘drop-off’’ en voiture.

La 165 a son terminus juste à côté.

4 « J'aime »

Vue satellite sur Google Maps (on voit des bus qui attendent, je les ai encerclés). Ça se stationne sur le bord de la rue.

3 « J'aime »

On peut aussi voir ce qui ressemble à un arrêt d’autobus à coté de la nouvelle plaza.

La ville aurait pu faire une grande place continue en face de la station avec une vitesse de 10 Km/h max… J’ai comme l’impression que les barrières laides séparant le trottoir de la chaussée sont là pour rester.

1 « J'aime »

Non, ce sont des espaces de stationnement et j’imagine que ce sera remis tel quel:

1 « J'aime »

I actually have a plaza idea I was going to share but got too busy, I’ll share it here eventually when I’m done, and basically follows your idea!

1 « J'aime »

27 avril 2024

23 « J'aime »

The only architectural element I like about the REM is this frosted glass thing that looks great at night.

It’s small but it’s nice.

15 « J'aime »

I absolutely hate that frosted glass thing. Mark my words, once its dirty a few years down the road, its going to be such a nightmare to clean up that they’ll do one of them and not bother with the rest of them. They will stay dirty and look awful until they modify them to get rid of the thing. That type of infrastructure looks good initially, but does not take into consideration the guy that is going to have to clean it up. There’s a reason why Japanese stations always look clean. They are designed to be easy to clean.

I don’t know, it looks easily power-washable to me. Just like any curtain glass surface.

4 « J'aime »

Beau goudron :neutral_face:

Heres a Japanese toilet literally made of glass lol.

No, window cleaning is not a secret Japanese art.

7 « J'aime »

Got pizza right next to the station yesterday so I had a good view of the station.

The place is so hostile to pedestrians, and the new plaza will help but they really could improve it…

16 « J'aime »

Yeah the whole area before the REM related works was never particularly great for pedestrians. The town centre (including Cannaught Park) is effectively a giant seven way intersection over a set of train tracks (Graham/Laird, Dunkirk, Canora) via two bridges.

I haven’t really grasped how it will be after the works are finished, but I don’t know how they could make it worse at least!

5 « J'aime »