Station McGill

With all that’s transpired in the media recently, I don’t think another delay is what they want to be associated with.

Eventually (this spring?) they won’t have a choice.

7 « J'aime »

The farther they can push a first official delay, the less likely they’ll need to delay a second time.

If you get some testing under your belt, at least you’ll be able to gauge somewhat the level of corrections that’ll need to be made so your new date can be more of an accurate estimate.

12 « J'aime »

Est-ce que l’entrée sur rue à partir de la Place McGill College a été retirée?

1 « J'aime »

Je ne savais pas qu’une entrée était prévue là à un certain point. Je me base sur le plan d’implantation pour dire qu’il n’y aura que des accès à l’intérieur puisque c’est écrit Accès piétonnier (accès niveau commercial) dans la légende.

1 « J'aime »

Je regarde les planches et en fait, il pourrait y avoir un accès qui est ajouté plus loin en cours de parcours. La planche du projet de la place montre clairement un accès REM et métro, comme dans la photo que tu as montrée. Cet accès serait légèrement au nord de la station, donc j’imagine que ce serait quand même assez facile de le connecter au tunnel entre la station de métro et celle du REM.

8 « J'aime »

Je me demande qu’est-ce qui en est considérant que l’entrée n’est pas visible sur le plan que mashdash a partagé

Pour te donner une idée, l’accès serait ici sur le plan.

12 « J'aime »

I put the floor plan over the map @tcardinalsirois shared, just so people can have an overall idea, the exit to the street could be connected very easily:

18 « J'aime »

I thought the street vestibule was at “10”…

That’s just the elevator down to the platform for trains that go north.

It would’ve been cool if they could have a glass roof of some kind above the steps (what is currently open), so you could have see the outside environment when taking the REM (connecting it to the rest of the REM which uses windows everywhere else). I’m thinking something like the cube Apple Store in NYC:

On the surface, this could appear flush with the ground, or even seats:

12 « J'aime »

LOOOL, looking up from the rem you can see someone’s “behind”

1 « J'aime »

LOL well at Apple Store they’re frosted windows so you can’t see anything very clearly, just general shapes, mostly the daylight

“General shapes” :wink:

1 « J'aime »

And with that, The Hole has been fully covered.

The hallway underground has moved as well, the first time ever since I’ve moved to Montreal!

Previously, with the walls, the passage was this:

Now, the passage is this:

44 « J'aime »

Bro’s whipping out the blueprints like he’s planning a heist. Good to see the progress though, especially covering The Hole™

18 « J'aime »

I will miss The Hole™ :cry:

3 « J'aime »

Tiré du site du REM 01/04/2024

15 « J'aime »

Photos from NouvLR’s website

26 « J'aime »

McGill College sur terre et sous terre. On dirait qu’une matière isolante a fait son apparition dans le tunnel.

7 « J'aime »

Sur l’avant dernière photo, on peut voir ce qui semble être une poutre en acier au dessus des portes. La matière sur la poutre est donc très certainement un enduit ignifuge pour protéger la poutre en cas de feu.

2 « J'aime »