Station Gare Centrale (REM)

It would be neat to have these at the major intersections in each station’s 5-minute walking distance radius.

2 « J'aime »

Back to the transfer, this sign really shows how inaccessible the parcours accessible is. It’s completely unacceptable that this is the only option for people using mobility aids or strollers, especially during the winter.

17 « J'aime »

Surtout que la rue de la Gauchetiere a cet endroit est encore toute défoncée

3 « J'aime »

Il ne faut pas être pressé…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 « J'aime »

For those confused, it says this to let people know the track isn’t in service except during rush hours. Before, it didn’t say anything, and some people were confused, waiting on the wrong side of the platform

8 « J'aime »

I think this is equally confusing, but different. It just gives the impression something is wrong and service is interrupted for hours.

4 « J'aime »

It really isn’t that confusing, there’s another screen about 3 metres to the left that says the more frequent departures. Here’s a very blurry cropped photo that shows the two screens:

5 « J'aime »

That screen should show a message like the following :

Aucun départ pour ce quai avant XXhxx, veuillez vous diriger vers le quai Y.

13 « J'aime »

“Sir, this is not an Exo train”… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 « J'aime »

On peut pas juste éteindre l’écran quant il n’y a pas de service?

1 « J'aime »

Is there hope?

11 « J'aime »

On parle du long corridor qui va de la station bonaventure vers place bonaventure?

https://images.app.goo.gl/mHsw8CwoAkzAbW1q7

Ajout:

Your comment is it related to this post of yours.

1 « J'aime »

Sky of the Universe recently published a video showing the “accessible” transfer trip between Bonaventure metro station and Gare Centrale. The new fare gates can also be seen starting at 10:56.

5 « J'aime »

Fare gates have been installed at the south end of the station.

I’d really like to know who/what the weak link was in making this the official transfer because the architecture and equipment suggest it was a last-minute decision. I don’t think an exit only hallway would be planned with this many doors or fare gates, and it definitely wouldn’t be designed to have a departure board and large wayfinding signage facing the wrong way.

They’ve also recently put a white sticker covering the signs in the station directing people through here to get to Terminus Centre-Ville.

12 « J'aime »

Once the rest of the rem is opened, they will definitely have to open this entrance. The gare centrale - bonaventure tunnel is already super crowded

5 « J'aime »

Another issue @ChunkyPotato brought up, is that the passage between Metro and REM via Gare Centrale isn’t possible to go underground for the last two trains, because Place Bonaventure closes at 1am. The last REM is 8 minutes after the last metro, at 1:10am. I contacted Place Bonaventure about this, because it’s not really possible to get to the last REM in time unless you RUN via La 1000, across the street diagonally into Gare Centrale, to avoid Place Bonaventure

8 « J'aime »

If you look at older plans, they had an elevator and escalator on this side. I’m not sure when they decided to no longer do that:
nOSZG7n

5 « J'aime »

It could just be that it ended up being one of the things that was axed as part of cost cutting measures. The popularity of the REM makes it clear that theses really should have been built as proposed by the plan that you linked. Who knows, if the profits are there, they might be inclined to retrofit the elevator and escalator in.

7 « J'aime »

Good news for those who take the REM very late, the connection via DLG 1000 / Place Bonaventure / Gare Centrale will be accessible up till 1h15:

17 « J'aime »

Same is true for Gare Centrale, they’re operating now but remaining open.

1 « J'aime »