Station Gare Centrale (REM)

Morning update: the place bonaventure exit is now getting the fare gate treatment

There were also Otis technicians on site fixing the escalators

12 « J'aime »

Just to make sure… these ones?

3 « J'aime »

Yes! I even updated the exo train logo to the newer one, here’s what it was before:

Here’s the whole sheet I made for everything (I’ve removed the large REM logo with the arrow and replaced with signs that match the ARTM standard):

Actually right above this sign, I’ve just added another ARTM-style sign to point to trains to Gare Centrale, because I saw some people still confused lol

45 « J'aime »

Wow, tu est stylé toi ! :star_struck:

4 « J'aime »

Yeah… I saw that one and assumed your dazzling work :sweat_smile:

I didn’t realize you put monochrome ones as well.

2 « J'aime »

The ARTM is going to be so confused when they finally decide its time to update the signs and realise that its already been done.

19 « J'aime »

Comment je fais / combien pour en avoir ? :heart_eyes:

8 « J'aime »

I actually sadly have run out of them! I printed almost exactly how many I needed, if I had extra I’d give them away though!

Also unrelated, something funny I’d note with the signs I added at Gare Centrale, I’ve added random numbers and letters (that count up) in the corners so that they look more official and won’t be taken down:

39 « J'aime »

Too much :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

12 « J'aime »

Le diable est dans les détails…

7 « J'aime »

Amazing work @mashdash, what app do you use?

3 « J'aime »

For print or pdfs, I use Affinity Designer! It’s way smoother and cheaper than Adobe Illustrator (one time payment instead of monthly)

6 « J'aime »

The place clearly needs a lot of renovation. On that last picture, you can clearly see that the ceiling has moved. That needs to be taken care of.

7 « J'aime »

Wowww. Je travaille dans le domaine (pas dans la signalétique) et je trouve ça hilarant. Good job!

24 « J'aime »

@mashdash Honestly I thought to myself “wow” the CDPQ is finally putting up signs… only to find out its some dude going around fixing sh*t up.

Great work btw! You’ll be helping countless of people.

6 « J'aime »

Im curious, how much did these stickers cost you ?

You should send the invoice to the ARTM, they would probably end up hiring you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 « J'aime »

Total, I think maybe $30? Which really isn’t that much for covering literally every sign with the small stickers and even the large ones!

19 « J'aime »

STM’s official signage to the REM is just telling you to follow signs for Gare Centrale lmao

6 « J'aime »

pourquoi a-t-il l’air d’avoir survécu à une guerre ? Peuvent-ils le nettoyer lmao

17 « J'aime »

Ils devaient être tanné des feuilles 8,5x11 partout lol. L’affiche pour Metallica et Osheaga a été installée avant celle du REM… comme quoi c’est pas une priorité de la STM d’orienter sa clientèle vers d’autres mode de transport dans sa 2ieme stations la plus achalandée…

2 « J'aime »