Station Gare Centrale (REM)

From the REM’s Instagram story:

12 « J'aime »

Yeah I’m beginning to agree that the “industrial-chic” ceiling at GC is kinda off-putting. I thought they were in a boiler room at Brossard until I read the directional sign.

3 « J'aime »

Par contre il y a encore des câbles qui pendent en dehors du plafond et des lumières temporaires jaunes de construction, donc ça contribue un peu au look « désordre »

6 « J'aime »

The wall was removed under the escalator section in the main area so you can see the other doors now:

Also @ComradeMark they blocked off the taxi area now

10 « J'aime »

La 3e image, c’est l’ancien coin juste à gauche du Tim Hortons?

Incroyable que ce Tim Horton pourtant situé dans un endroit stratégique et passant ait dû fermé ses portes.

1 « J'aime »

C’est ce que je me demandais.
Ça serait ici je pense ?
J’ai écris REM. le 220 est le Tim Horton. Il va y avoir un autre accès aussi ?

L’endroit est affreux, même si c’est un stationnement, ça doit être plus accueillant que ça.

1 « J'aime »

No it’s on the opposite side of the station, where the small box is above VIA rail (it’s larger than that but not shown).

1 « J'aime »

Il est du mauvais bord le Tim il me semble… Trop loin à l’est pour servir d’accès au REM. Est-ce que je me trompe? Est-ce possible que ça soit plutôt en lien avec le fameux projet de douane à la gare centrale dont on n’a pas entendu parlé depuis un bon bout?

They’ve fixed it! Good catch @ComradeMark

Also at Place Bonaventure the doors from the REM have been opened up (they’re locked I checked).

To get here from Place Bonaventure was a different story though. I went through the basement, which had ominous music playing, and had to go through this door:

Once I went through that door, it locked on the other side, and quite hidden:

If you’re coming from the metro, I believe it requires you to walk upstairs to pass security now. Clearly these walls are temporary, I think it’s just to temporarily manage when the REM will open and people will be exiting from it to go outside and to the metro.

14 « J'aime »

The old Deux Montagnes platforms got signs installed at their respective entrances.

14 « J'aime »

Alors le service à la clientèle sera au niveau des plateformes? C’est un ilot central non?

Je n’arrive pas à visualiser le layout…

Voici la mise en page, la zone de service à la clientèle sera ce qui est marqué en violet. Le rouge est l’endroit où le train s’arrête.

Notez qu’il s’agit d’un vieux plan d’étage, il n’y aura donc pas d’ascenseur ou d’escaliers mécaniques à la Place Bonaventure.

4 « J'aime »

I love that the old CN track signal lights are still there!

4 « J'aime »

Would be cool if they can be retrofitted to flash or light up when a REM train is arriving. I also hope they could add the REM times on the displays at these steps too! Currently they’re just exo schedules

1 « J'aime »

Tout ce que je peux vous dire c’est que la Gare Centrale a bien changer pour de bon.

For those wondering where in Gare Centrale the REM is, here’s a floor plan with it circled:

1 « J'aime »

They have put up indicator stickers for the REM on some Central Station—CN hallway signs.

But not all of them…so someone less knowledgeable of the station layout might get lost; especially that they have put some towards the DLG exit.

7 « J'aime »

Oh wow that’s crazy, I was planning on doing something identical to that, making little REM stickers… Well at least it’s officially being done so that saves me time and money lol

Also I noticed they FINALLY have replaced the light in this sign to make it light up, here’s what it looked like just a few days ago:

6 « J'aime »