Station Du Quartier

16 « J'aime »

I purposely did this comically but seeing they’re not taking it down, in a few days I’ll replace it with a larger REM logo that fits better this large space lol

19 « J'aime »

Guerrilla wayfinding

13 « J'aime »

I added one and it has bubbles in the sticker (looks a bit unprofessional, the heat made the sticker harder to remove and reapply), but it’s way larger. I just hope they do remove the sticker I added and replace the panel with an official sign

3 « J'aime »

Si tu continues à faire du bénévolat pour eux, il y a de fortes chances qu’ils ne fassent aucun changement dans l’immédiat… En voyant ton collant, ils doivent se dire : “C’est petit, mais c’est gratuit”. :rofl:

8 « J'aime »

About 3 weeks ago, I added a sign to the REM on the building to Du Quartier station. It has a lot of bubbles but they seem to have not removed it:

A Starbucks and bubble tea store will be opening there soon, so I wonder if they’ll notice them then

12 « J'aime »

Bris d’ascenseur

19 « J'aime »

C’est… lent? Surtout pour refermer. Je sais pas s’il y a un sensor (comme les lasers sur les escaliers mécaniques dans le métro) qui détectent s’il n’y a plus de mouvement pendant maximum 1 seconde après que la personne soit passée, pour ne pas laisser la chance à quelqu’un de courir derrière. Et le mouvement de fermeture est lent aussi. J’ai bien peur que des gens tenteront de les forcer. Et si c’est du verre trempé, ce sera pas beau à voir…

5 « J'aime »

The company who’s making those seriously need an industrial designer… This scream “designed by engineers” to me.

11 « J'aime »

They said

3 « J'aime »

J’aurais aimé avoir cela ouvert par défaut, mais vu qu’il n’y a pas d’employé physiquement disponible à proximité en tout temps je verrais des gens tenter de foncer dans l’ouverture.

Est-ce que 3 portes sont assez pour un bon débit?

1 « J'aime »

People aren’t used to it, but I think if a constantly flow of people go through, it would stay open (when exiting)

it is very stupid it’s Open by default and closes when it detect a person passing witout Scan like in Japan.
The Motor/Piston is now constly working and will fail very often.

2 « J'aime »

Oh sorry for the confusion. I meant it stays open if there’s a flow of people. By default, it’s closed. So when a bunch of people are leaving, they don’t have to line up at the gate like people do with turnstiles on the metro, you can just keep walking.

4 « J'aime »

Maybe but that’s just in one direction. It also eliminates a gate from the opposing direction.

Aside from it being slow to close after the person, I find the opening and closing motion itself to be slow. These paddle gates are in place in a lot of places around the world and they’re usually faster. See here in the Netherlands: (start at 3:32)

Dans la vidéo, la dame qui sort semble « taper out » pour sortir?

Je pense qu’elle n’était simplement pas habituée. Il n’y a pas de lecteurs sur le côté de sortie

1 « J'aime »

En effet, je suis passé hier avec un ami, et pour sortir, nous n’avons eu qu’à s’approcher du portillon pour qu’il s’ouvre, et la porte n’a pas eu à se refermer entre nos deux passages

4 « J'aime »