Réseau de trains exo - Discussion générale

1 « J'aime »

What’s the point in owning rail if you still depend on the freight company to manage it

What’s the point of managing your signalling if you only control 20km of rail. Paying all those salaries for like 10 signals total

11 « J'aime »

Aussi, les subdivisions Saint-Jérôme et M&O sont en continuité de subdivisions du CP. J’imagine qu’on n’a pas vraiment le choix d’avoir recours au CCF du CP même si c’est Exo qui possède ces tronçons.

Il en va de même avec la subdivision Mascouche où le CCF est le CN

3 « J'aime »

My god that’s a lot of notifications all at the same time

1 « J'aime »

Bien hâte que Exo propose des chariots à levier en libre service :grimacing: #joke

railway-track-trolley

7 « J'aime »

The CN and CPKC railway lockout is going to binding arbitration.

This should lift the shutdown shortly.

I don’t think exo is resuming services tomorrow. They have already been cancelled.

No getting stuck on sidings while freight trains run 2km long consists.

For exo, I think it’s easier to do the maintenance necessary for passenger service if they own the tracks than if CPKC or CN owns them. Case in point, CN with ViaRail and Amtrack.

2 « J'aime »

Plusieurs lignes de train de banlieue d’exo demeurent à l’arrêt vendredi dans l’attente d’une décision du Conseil canadien des relations industrielles qui pourrait permettre la reprise du service, interrompu depuis jeudi en raison d’un conflit de travail au Canadien Pacifique Kansas City (CPKC).

Les 21 000 usagers quotidiens des lignes de train de banlieue d’exo devront trouver des solutions de rechange pour une seconde journée pour se déplacer. Les lignes 11 - Vaudreuil/Hudson, 12 - Saint-Jérôme, et 14 - Candiac du transporteur exo, qui exploite les lignes du CPKC, sont toujours à l’arrêt vendredi matin en raison d’un conflit de travail ferroviaire.

Les lignes 13 - Mont-Saint-Hilaire et 15 - Mascouche, qui roulent sur les rails de la Compagnie des chemins de fer nationaux du Canada (CN), sont toutefois opérationnelles.

It seems that they deployed only 1 version of the signage

So on island stations are being given fake informations

8 messages ont été fusionnés à un sujet existant : Cartes, plans et signalétique métropolitaine

I will add that they added emergency lighting at Dorval, which is better than nothing!

6 « J'aime »

Indeed battery backup lighting

Also since the storm, no loitering of drugged people

5 « J'aime »

(Unedited picture)

2 « J'aime »

Le réseau a confirmé par communiqué que les lignes 11 de Vaudreuil/Hudson, 12 de Saint-Jérôme et 14 de Candiac offriront leur horaire habituel à compter du 26 août.

7 « J'aime »

For gare sauvé and gare Anjou, how exactly does fare inspection work when a via-rail shows up at the station? Because your technically on exo restricted areas. You can’t expect a via-rail user to have a opus card with loaded tickets?

At the same time do we have 2 displays or 1 shared?

Whelp you don’t see this every day…

3 « J'aime »

I would normally say platform screen doors but then we have cpkc and there wide loads…

Why is exo the worst at announcing train cancelations?
On the website you have to explicitly specify the specific train you wish to take to be able to get info. They only announce live infos for Chrono and that app is miserable at getting notification and they explicitly refuse to use their twitters unless it’s something major.

I’m at Dorval right now and 20 plus people were on the quai Fully unaware that the train was canceled until I let them know… This is not supposed to be a thing.

Nothing on the Chrono app on my end, but their SMS service did work this time.

Edit: Cropped screenshot