Réseau de trains exo - Discussion générale

Something interesting I found by accident, the Mascouche line’s employee timetable is included Exo’s GTFS files and shows up in some trip-planning apps (screenshot from Moovit).

6 « J'aime »

Well then, that’s seems like a problem that should be looked into

These are not the employees timetable, it is the trip schedules and is exactly the same info that is given by exo on their website.

You can learn all about GTFS on this website: https://gtfs.org/

Except the GTFS shown there shows stops that CN manages that are not accessible to the public. “Saint-Henri” exo station does not exist and isn’t displayed on their website like you say…

5 « J'aime »

Interesting article on exo’s website

3 « J'aime »

If i may ask, does anyone know what’s with train 41 express to Beaconsfield?

It goes from downtown skipping pine beach, valois and cedar park to terminate at Beaconsfield while train 40 goes from Beaconsfield to downtown doing every stops.

Screenshot_20240420-210438

Pretty sure its just to get a train to beaconsfield from Downtown cuz the 840 train from beaconsfield starts at beaconsfield and not vaudreuil.

Apologies right off the bat if this is against a forum rule, I’ve just been reading through it a bunch this weekend and would like to connect with some users about the current state of regional rail in the Montreal area.

People in the Montreal area deserve a functional, reliable, and fast regional rail network. However, many of us find it challenging to efficiently access EXO stations due to the lack of synchronization and low frequency of regional buses that connect to these stations.

I’m aware of complicating factors such as CN/CP owned tracks, but a very first step ought to be a clear demonstration of public interest in reviving our languishing regional rail network.

To this end, would you consider please signing and sharing a petition that I’ve created: Petition · Pour une meilleure intégration du réseau EXO dans le Grand Montréal - Montreal, Canada · Change.org

Thank you very much,
Doug Giroux

14 « J'aime »

Welcome to the forum @Doug.Giroux !
We already have a thread dedicated to exo trains, I’ve merged your publication with this one.

4 « J'aime »

Je suis à 200% d’accord avec toi en ce qui concerne l’état actuel du service et ce que nous devrions avoir à la place. Clairement on mérite mieux et s’il y avait réellement une volonté politique, on aurait trouvé le moyen de faire en sorte que les grands proprios du rail soient plus accommodants. Je me questionne simplement sur l’efficacité des pétitions. Est-ce que cela fonctionne vraiment? J’ai comme l’impression que cela aurait plus de poids si l’initiative venait d’une association comme Trajectoire Québec.

3 « J'aime »

Lors de mes précédentes correspondances avec EXO, ils n’avaient manifesté qu’un intérêt pour le maintien du service actuel, voire sa réduction, en invoquant des clients consternés par le faible achalandage dans les trains.

De plus, l’idée qu’une personne puisse vivre à Montréal et travailler en périphérie de la ville, nécessitant ainsi un train partant de la ville le matin, ne semble pas figurer dans leurs plans.

En résumé, je voulais simplement commencer à recueillir des voix pour montrer qu’il existe une volonté populaire d’améliorer l’offre de service à travers la ville.

13 « J'aime »

à l’émission radio Daybreak de la CBC

Westmount residents won’t have to listen to idling EXO trains for as long anymore.

EXO commuter trains won’t idle as long on the tracks facing backyards in Westmount. EXO says they’ll get back to Vendome station faster for their scheduled departures. Residents say it’s been a tough month since the Lucien L’Allier commuter rail station closed for renovations. Meanwhile, EXO explained to us that when the trains are idling near Hillside avenue, they are doing a turn around manoeuvre. It’s the only place they can do this while complying with railway regulations. During this operation, they can’t turn off the diesel engines. We heard from a Westmount resident, Sheila Smith and EXO spokesperson, Jean-Maxime Saint-Hilaire. We also spoke with Westmount mayor, Christine Smith.

Is it another day of people buying houses next to train tracks then complaining about train noises ?

11 « J'aime »

If only there was reliable technology that that could power these trains, and allow them to travel more quickly as well as accelerate and decelerate in a shorter time all with less sound…

14 « J'aime »

Buddy your dreaming in money. /S

The VH-Line who was supposed to get electrified before having the rem is a sad story.

1 « J'aime »

I’ll keep dreaming about a RER-like network for Montreal with a central trunk/new tunnel under the mountain that will connect two revamped major stations (Parc and Gare central)…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 « J'aime »

On pourrait proposer ceci au CN/CP pour avoir des trains passager qui ont de l’allure[ :joy:
]

1 « J'aime »

Mmm cela pourrait même être mieux que le service proposé par Via aujourd’hui :stuck_out_tongue:

1 « J'aime »

This is a mixed freight/passenger car?

Would not work with cpkc/cn since the train is not 20km long

C’est un train de marchandises qui livre une rame TGV M (sans les motrices)