REM - Matériel Roulant

Since the recent update, I noticed the lights above the doors seem to turn on before the train enters the station to indicate the side!

… is what I thought, then the doors opened on the opposite side, so it seems to be the OPPOSITE side maybe? You can see on the screen it says left side, with the door lights on the right turned on:

Additionally, the displays no longer display the time. I hope in the future the right side of the screen could switch to show bus connections instead of the autoplaying video, at least when approaching the station

15 « J'aime »

I wish they had a solution for that, like, an LED light bar on the side of the doors that changes to green when approaching a station.

1 « J'aime »

comme les voitures Azur!
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi les Métropolis du REM n’ont pas cette fonctionnalité. Ça devrait être un besoin d’affaires obligatoire, surtout avec les différentes configurations des stations.

6 « J'aime »

On a vraiment une des configuration les plus cheap, le design intérieur des rames du REM manque vraiment d’élégance comparés aux MP-14 de Paris ou aux MPM-10 de Montréal.

10 « J'aime »

Same off-the-shelf Metropolis as Sydney, but they added “normal” options.

7 « J'aime »

J’avais des attentes assez hautes pour les MP-14 puisqu’il s’agit de nouveau matériel roulant pour Paris, et j’avais vu les rendus magnifiques… puis en le prenant, je trouve qu’il est bien mais l’intérieur des Azurs est plus plaisant selon moi, grâce à l’éclairage indirect. Le plafond du métro Azur est éclairé ce qui le rend lumineux et chaleureux, tandis que le MP-14 a uniquement de l’éclairage direct, ce qui le rend un peu écrasant et froid.
Cela ne veut pas dire que je n’aime pas le MP-14, je le trouve magnifique vu de l’extérieur par exemple, mais l’éclairage est quelque chose que je préfère sur les Azur.

5 « J'aime »

What i hate is that it’s only French text/French vocal, LEDS are universal, yes the metro says it in French but at least the doors GLOWS

2 « J'aime »

Yeah just adding an arrow on the screen too would be nice

3 « J'aime »

Here’s a video that shows how the trains get to Montreal.

15 « J'aime »

REM testing for the DM branch electrified section could begin within 2 weeks… don’t take it from me though

Edit: I’m referring to section 1:

7 « J'aime »

The substation at AO was connected a while ago, while at Kirkland it’s ongoing. I expect the WI branch will be energized by late spring.

1 « J'aime »

I have no idea where this comes from.

But if it is real it would mean 4 vehicle artic rem cars would be coming

4 « J'aime »

Ça a l’air faux puisque le titre est mal orthographié. Et toutes les voitures commandées initialement sont pareilles. Les trains ont une grande durée de vie.

4 « J'aime »

À y réfléchir c’est ce que CDPQi aurait dû commander… Je me demande si l’on verra un jour des train circuler en unité simple.

L’info que les agents d’intervention ont en date d’il y a quelques semaines est que c’est toujours prévu, mais il n’y a pas d’échéancier.

1 « J'aime »

Je pense que ça va surprendre plus d’un la première fois qu’ils verront “p’tit train” à quai.

3 « J'aime »

They have already been running two-car trains during off-peak hours in testing.

I have seen one about a month ago, and I had to double-check myself twice :sweat_smile:

Were these trains used for passenger service or would they just stop at the stations without opening their doors?

J’imagine qu’ils vont attendre d’au moins avoir les écrans au dessus des portes fonctionnelles.

They were not in revenue service, but I do not know if they stopped in station. I saw them on the track between Verdun and downtown.