REM - Matériel Roulant

Beau travail. Merci!

2 « J'aime »

He’s 99 years old and still alive… :upside_down_face:

2 « J'aime »

Je sais qu’il est toujours vivant, je voulais juste souligner ironiquement son ‘‘retour’’ parmi AMTL en tant que médiateur.
Do you remember, your President Nixon? (ooh)
Do you remember, the bills you have to pay?
Or even yesterday?

J’ai de la difficulté à évaluer le niveau de bruit ici. Est-ce-que tu aurais été capable de maintenir une conversation sans devoir hausser le ton?

D’après moi, c’est déjà silencieux comme rue donc oui il faut parler un peu plus fort. C’est assez bruyant que tout le monde sait qu’il y a sans doute un train qui passe pas loin, mais on est loin de crier.

Apparement une sécheuse c’est 70dB, et je dirais que c’est bonne comme comparaison.

1 « J'aime »

Voici un petit graphique qui compare les niveaux de dB avec les exemples

Source : Decibel Levels - Measuring Dangerous Noise — Hearing Health Foundation

La gradation est exponentielle, c’est expliqué dans un tableau sur ce site : Levels Of Noise In Decibels (dB) Level Comparison Chart - Sound Proofing Guide

6 « J'aime »

As i could see on your graphic the peak of decibel is for about 5 to 7 seconds then it goes down. Also the trains are not that long it help.

Yes. The train passes directly in front of you for about 5s which corresponds to that highest point. The majority of that is 71-72dB with the highest individual sample taken peaked at 75dB

Today when I was biking in Brossard, I noticed I couldn’t escape the highway noise, no matter how far away I was from it. Even when I left at 10pm, I was hearing cars. Where I live in Montreal is on a major street, but it’s quieter than in the suburbs because of how crazy loud highways are

7 « J'aime »

Some more testing today. I saw 3 train, 4 cars each. I had to pull out my phone quickly so the photos aren’t the best

12 « J'aime »

Je confirme. Test à fréquence élevée enn ce vendredi fin d’après-midi

8 « J'aime »

Encore des de tests ce soir
Mais il y a un train arrêté dans la courbe depuis plusieurs minutes

4 « J'aime »

Plusieurs minutes ? Mais qu’est ce que ça veux dire ?

30 minutes plus tard, il a enfin bougé; après qu’une rame dans l’autre direction ait passé… il devait y avoir trop de rames entre la gare et Wellington :wink:

et une nouvelle rame suit en direction de la gare mais à très basse vitesse

2 « J'aime »

Ah, voilà ce qui est faite. Merci mademoiselle Scarlet. :blush:

5 « J'aime »

It’s more a popular rumor than any fact based research, but the thing I’ve always heard in switzerland about that it that highway noise is a lot more turbulent, it’s up of many different noise sources chaotically changing intensity, while a train line makes a way more consistant sound and that is almost the same every time.
The theory was that your brains quickly learns to just dismiss the train noise, while highway sound is harder to be learned and ignored.

2 « J'aime »
15 « J'aime »

I mean to be fair, when you stand next to the Décarie the drone of the tire noise is also super consistent as well and goes on all day when theres enough cars on the road that one cars tire noise blends into the one behind it. Sure, you will sometimes hear some different noises like big truck engines and dudes in cheaply modified Civics, but the main thing you hear is the uninterrupted tire noise from about 5h30 until 23h.

I don’t mean that it is actually louder because of the frequency shift, but rather that the higher frequency at the same sound level to my ear feels more painful, disrupting and annoying, regardless of the actual physical phenomenon. I tried a frequency generator to be sure, and I definitely can say that while 600hz and 1000hz are not pleasant sounds, but I can definitely say that 600hz doesn’t induce as intense of a response physiologically relative to the other, at least in me.

REM Metropolis cars continue to be delivered. Caught this just now on Route 11 in way upstate NY:

22 « J'aime »