REM - Matériel Roulant

Le responsable a probablement fait un x2 de trop!

3 « J'aime »

Je pense ça aussi

… ou il utilise les taux d’entassement européens.

1 « J'aime »

Bon, il semblerait que les sons entendus n’étaient pas les officiels… Leur réponse semble dire que la voix, elle, est la “vraie”.

8 « J'aime »

4 car REM testing on the bridge!

5 « J'aime »

I’m curious to know if the trains were tested during the ice storm and if so how did they fair? I’m told in Ottawa their LRT was shut down due to ice on the lines.

In normal service, SOP would have had trains with scrapers on the pantographs running all night, keeping ice from accumulating enough to cause arcing and possible failures.

Trains and trams operate year-round in Nordic countries, Siberia, and northern Japan, with no issues.

5 « J'aime »

As for testing the REM during the ice storm, LouvLR was finishing up work on the emergency staircases and other small adjustments along the REM. The testing was paused until just a few days ago after the storm.

3 « J'aime »

LouvLY

That’s a shame. It was a missed opportunity to see it operating in a rare extreme weather condition.

1 « J'aime »

Tests during an ice storm had already been carried out last January, during the winter season. :wink:

Unfortunately, it seems that NouvLR’s work, which began a few weeks ago, could not be postponed (or even stopped) to carry out further additional rolling stock tests during the weather events of the past week…

1 « J'aime »

Je viens de voir passer une rame à 4 voitures!

4 « J'aime »

Bien. Si les tests vont bon train, alors la Caisse va donner un rendez-vous entre le 19 avril ou le 21 avril.

1 « J'aime »
6 « J'aime »

Il y avait des tests à 4 voitures ce matin aussi.

3 « J'aime »

Il doit d’abord y avoir des essais à blanc (c’est le bon terme?) durant 30 jours avant la mise en service commerciale, cependant ces tests finaux ne sont pas officiellement démarrés, sinon ils auraient étés annoncés j’en suis certain.

Donc si on est optimistes et que la Caisse annonce le début de ces tests dans 1-2 semaines, on arrive à une ouverture à la mi mai ou fin mai.

1 « J'aime »

It’s a bit hard to see but there’s 4 car testing!

And another:

7 « J'aime »

After the documents you shared with the exo bus redesign, I kind of trust this a bit more now…

1 « J'aime »

@Mashdash it’s been public for a while

2 « J'aime »

Oh oops. thanks for letting me know!