REM - Matériel Roulant

B.I.N.G.O.

J’ai fini ici. Il est évident que tu ne prends pas la peine de lire ce que les autres écrivent. Sinon, tu comprendrais ma position sur REM au cours des sept dernières années, ainsi que celles des autres membres de ce forum avec qui tu sembles te cogner sans raison apparent. Mais vas-y et traites-nous de tous les noms (“plaignard montrealais” — what does that even mean, and how is that in context?).

1 « J'aime »

Will anything ever be built on the Pharmaprix lot? It would seem like a pity to lose that nice little view of the rails!

Devimco a vendu l’îlot à First Capital en même temps que la vente des espaces commerciaux du DG sur Peel et du DG sur l’eau.
First Capital ne fait pas de résidentiel. Aussi, le bâtiment du Pharmaprix est classé comme Témoin architectural significatif (TAS) et les règles sont sévères sur ce qu’on peut faire

4 « J'aime »

Le niveau de décibel se calcule très différemment ! Exemple : Une voiture produit environs 75 décibels et un train de marchandise produit environs 125 décibels ! Le calcul n’est pas 75+125=300 décibels. Non ! Pour n’importe quel bruit, ça augmente juste de 3 décibels, donc, 75+125= 128 décibels ! Il n’y aura presque aucune différences entre le bruit déjà existant sur Souligny et le PETIT vrombrissement du REM

The 3 dB trading effect — ie, a sound pressure increase of 3 dB — essentially doubles the noise perceived by the human brain. It’s certainly not nothing.

1 « J'aime »

Bon, je me suis tromper un peu ! Mias, prenons note aussi que les voies du REM ne passera pas à 5 cm de leurs fenêtres, mais à environs 10 m de chaques côtés ! Plus ses loin, moins ses fort !

1 « J'aime »

Nooon pas tout de suite, j’veux du sang!!

1 « J'aime »

Pour être honnête sur Souligny l’impact aurait été majeur. Sur Sherbrooke ou Notre-Dame, c’est vraiment des chialeux

Effectivenent! :smile:

Describing small metros, and even trams, as “silent” is a bit misleading. What is meant by “silent” is that the noise emitted by those “lighter” systems tends to be fairly innocuous and in the low tier when comes to urban noise pollution. On the other end, opponents readily overate the noise nuisance. And obviously, there’s individual differences in sensory processing, with some people just being way more vulnerable to everyday sounds. Most members on the forum can appreciate the nuances of the noise issue, but also understand that it’s overstated more often than not.

Ironically, the CEM-E started caceroladas on Souligny as a protest, making sound significantly more disruptive and harmful than a small train.

6 « J'aime »

Having lived previously on Pavillon with the old DM train quite literally in my backyard at the time, assuming the REM will have a more or less comparable noise level, then it’s definitely noticeable but not loud/“piercing” enough to be a true nuisance.

Even with an intense frequency (every 2.5min considering both directions, vs. every ~10-30min on DM, in rush hour) I feel like the REM’s probably not going to be all that bad especially considering that to the best of my understanding there is some degree of sound dampening being used.

I suspect the sound will be noticed but that it’ll be more of an “oh there goes a train again” rather than an “ugh there goes a train again” if that makes sense

2 « J'aime »

Je ne pense pas que le Rem et les trains de banlieue ont le même niveau de bruit.

J’avoue que je n’ais jamais vecu l’experience d’être près d’un metro leger. Cepandant j’ai fait la comparaison parce que la ligne deux montagnes était électrique et faisait beaucoup, beaucoup, beaucoup moins de bruit que les trains alimentés par des locos diesel comme c’est le cas sur les autres lignes de train de banlieue.

2 « J'aime »

Pour le secteur DM, je crois que cest les quelques années sans trains qui vont marquer le plus. Plusieurs années sans bruit puis un metro au 5 minutes. Ça va faisser. Les gens vont s être habitué au silence.

5 « J'aime »

It’s been a while since I took Waves in CEGEP, but if I recall correctly the while 3dB doubles the energy, the human ear doesn’t perceive that change in energy linearly. I believe the teacher said something along the lines of a 10dB increase is what the average person will perceive as being twice as loud. Of course, with respect to ear health these 3dB changes matter a lot if the noise is constant, but fortunately this isn’t the case.

That isn’t to say the REM is silent, it’s not and I fully understand that we in the east don’t have a great thing to compare it to that everyone has heard. However, in the loudest of environments, a 1dB increase requires mitigation measures by the REM and in the quietest of neighbourhoods, it can be no louder than a fridge before requiring the same. I’m by no means an expert, but I would expect it’s not far off an SUV passing in front of one’s house, but this SUV is 40-80m, rather than 3.5m. Residents can of course make the call themselves if that’s a big deal.

That being said, both sides are being pretty disingenuous on the noise so I can get everyone’s frustration.

EDIT: Apparently Lithuanian EMUs put out 71dB at 10m, so if we assume the data is similar here and we assume the limits for a quiet residential street was 56dB (from their documentation), then the REM would be perceived to be about 60-65% quieter.

2 « J'aime »

For an art instillation I was thinking of installing large speakers along where the REM de l’Est would’ve gone, and imitate the sound of the train going by and see if people would notice, but the problem with doing that is the generator would be louder than the sound from speakers imitating the actual sound of the train lol

4 « J'aime »

Il y en avait trois à l’arrêt en face de chez vous tout à l’heure!

On arrive à distinguer trois rames à l’arrêt dans la courbe malgré mon zoom de caméra qualité patate

5 « J'aime »

Il y en a pleins pleins à l’arrêt entre le Pont SDC et Panama. 4 voitures chaque. Et le terminus Brossard très éclairé avec des projecteurs. Première fois que je vois ça.

3 « J'aime »

Oui j’ai vu celui là
Il est resté dans la courbe plusieurs minutes

Ça doit faire partie d’un cas de test : ex. Quoi faire quand les rames sont trop près l’une de l’autre car la première a pris du retard :sweat_smile:

2 « J'aime »