REM - Discussion générale

Qu’on le veuille ou pas le système continue d’être en rodage, une situation prévisible surtout devant les conditions climatiques éprouvantes.

Le REM en panne dans les deux directions

PHOTO MARTIN CHAMBERLAND, ARCHIVES LA PRESSE

Un « problème technique » est à l’origine de la panne qui a débuté vers 5 h 20.

Le Réseau express métropolitain (REM) est en panne dans les deux directions jeudi matin. Le service devrait reprendre à 7 h 45, indique la direction du REM sur son site web.

Publié à 6h50

Partager

André Duchesne
André Duchesne La Presse

Un « problème technique » est à l’origine de la panne qui a débuté vers 5 h 20.

« Il y a eu un arrêt de service à la suite de travaux électrique au cours de la nuit. Les équipes travaillent à régler la situation le plus rapidement possible », indique Maxime Bordeleau, du service des communications, dans un échange de courriels avec La Presse.

« Un service d’autobus de relève est mis à la disposition des voyageurs », lit-on enfin sur le site web de l’organisme.

1 « J'aime »

Except there was also plenty of room to build the Fairview station at St-Jean, making the run to the corner of St-Charles a reasonable distance. Don’t forget, four-car light metro EMUs accelerate and decelerate much more quickly than 12 car diesel-hauled heavy trains; distance between stops is less relevant (assuming the same number of stops).

2 « J'aime »

Fallait pas le dire!! :laughing:

14 « J'aime »

Oops :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 « J'aime »

Selon leur explication, c’est pas relie au condition météo

1 « J'aime »

Je pense aussi qu’une station au boulevard st-Charles serait une bonne plus affaire. Il y a beaucoup de monde qui s’y rendent. Ça pourrait être une station intéressante pour les gens qui partent du centre de l’ile pour travailler dans l’Ouest.

5 « J'aime »

Manque de personnel de nuit pour réparer à temps ou travaux très complexe?

1 « J'aime »

A chaque fois qu’ils effectuent des travaux la nuit, il y’a un quelque chose qui se passe le lendemain. Je crains que toutes ces mauvaises expériences ne les incite a repousser encore la réalisation de la station Griffintown.Surtout avec les media qui sont à leurs dos au moindre pépin…

6 « J'aime »

J’avoue, s’en est inquiétant. J’ai gout de leurs dire: ‘’ si ça va bien, même si ce n’est pas parfait…touche à rien.‘’

1 « J'aime »

I’m visiting Brazil over New Year’s, and I can’t believe this, but when I was at the top of the mountain (they actually call them hills unlike in Montreal :upside_down_face:) at the Christ the Redeemer, I was waiting in line for a tourist train and someone beside me in line was talking to their friend. They were saying they visited Montreal and took the “new REM train!”

This is crazy, I travelled all the way here and someone beside me is talking about the REM… and their first comment was “yeah there were people complaining about the sound of it.” Their friend replied “Well they are living beside the train, what did they expect!” The first person responded saying “Yeah that’s true, but also there were some issues with it!” The response was also reasonable “Well it’s a new train so it’s expected, this train we’re waiting for probably has had issues too.”

I just couldn’t believe that even way over in Brazil, people were talking about the REM, and was glad the responses were rational, and not sensational like a lot of the news outlets try to make the issues seem.

38 « J'aime »

J’adore les résidents de VMR et Griffintown pour ça.

→ Buys house next to train tracks
→ Complains about trains running on the train tracks
→ ???..

14 « J'aime »

Je suis tombé sur cet article dans les fin fond du web

Est-ce-que vous pensez que le coût du REM donné par CDPQinfra contient l’exploitation pour les 30 premières années?

Dans l’article ils disent que le contrat à Groupe des Partenaires pour la Mobilité des Montréalais (PMM) contient
‘‘Selon les termes du contrat, le Groupe PMM fournira 212 voitures de métro de type Metropolis d’Alstom (106 rames de deux voitures), des solutions de contrôle de trains basées sur la communication automatisée et sans conducteur Urbalis 400 d’Alstom, et un centre de contrôle Iconis d’Alstom, ainsi que des portes palières, des systèmes de connectivité Wi-Fi et 30 ans de services d’exploitation et de maintenance.’’

Edit: en tombant sur ce communiqué de Presse https://www.aecon.com/press-room/news/2018/04/12/1425-NouvLR-General-Partnership-finalizes-contract-for-the-R-seau-express-m-tropolitain-REM
Je ne crois pas que l’exploitation est comprise. Mais avec un petit calcul facile ont peu dire que si le prix de construction de 6,3G original, l’exploitation sur 30 ans est de 1,5G donc, 50 millions par an. On dirait que ca ne se peut pas.

“Le début du service commercial est prévu pour mi-2021”… Comme quoi, l’espoir nous a vraiment fait vivre deux années de plus. :rofl:

1 « J'aime »

Effectivement, :rofl:

Ce n’est pas encore le O-Train, mais…

Because it’s actually pretty close to the Fairview station? And the Kirkland station is built in a much better area.

2km isn’t that close IMHO. As it stands the gap between Kirklkand and Fairview isaround 4.5km which is, to me, a pretty long gap.

A saint charles stop would have been right smack in the middle of that long gap making the stop spacing fairly even at ~2km between stops. Plus as was already mentioned, we’re talking about a light metro that can quickly accelerate and decelerate; I doubt it would slow down the line that much.

The line would have been a lot better with a stop servicing saint charles IMO in general. I’m mainly looking at the potential to run buses to the stations and shorten the amount of time spent in the bus. As it stands, buses would have to detour to get to the fairview station. Depending on the route and stops this could be a long detour; the 219 currently spends up to 10 minutes to get to fairview from saint charles which is a not insignificant amount of time.

Let’s not forget that the whole western branch was mostly political to get the Liberal go-ahead.

REM stations are not like bus stations. It’s not a pole with a sign and a number on it. There’s massive amount of cost involved. It’s another spot to get complained about an elevator not working for example. The whole western branch isn’t dense enough for 3 stations where they can’t even develop over parking lots. This is a case of wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

This is also why I will doubt the Griffintown and Bridge stations from ever existing. That or they will build them, but kicking and screaming.

That would be a good argument for not building a station like ile bigras, but for a station on saint charles I think it’s a bit different. If it were suburban rail then yes, long and spaced apart, cheap-to-build stations is where suburban rail would shine. But for a light metro, the stops should be kept somewhat tight (but obviously not too tight) to take advantage of the trains’ ability to accelerate/decelerate fast and serve more people.

I mean by that argument, the whole west island branch isn’t dense enough for ANY stations, so if we’re going that route then we may as well say that the REM should never have been built in the first place past bois franc.

At the same time, if we never build it we’ll never change. You can’t get people to stop driving without getting transit infra first so it’s important to put the line down first (even if it seems overkill) with some kind of actual plan to eventually get people actually using it. (of course whether we have a plan or not is up for debate… it certainly seems that we in fact do not). To me having a stop at saint charles assists in that goal by providing more options for people to get to the line

1 « J'aime »

There wouldn’t have been an Ile Bigras station had there been no Ile Bigras station on the Deux-Montagne line that it replaced. Same for one of the Canora/Mont-Royal stations.

Could you imagine the NIMBY reaction if they had removed any of the existing stations?! CDPQi knew very well.

Exactly. Again, political positioning (liberals in Power). Are you really not going to build a station in each of 2 active ministers’ (Carlos Leitao and Martin Coiteux) ridings?!? And not some 2-bit minister of inspiration or whatnot: Finance and Treasury, you know, the ones that have a life-or-death veto-level of power over your whole project.

Quid Pro Quo created those stations, and the REM itself. That segment probably pulls down the profitability of the project. But overall better than brown envelopes.

1 « J'aime »

The mandate was to serve the airport, not the West Island. The Caisse chose to build what they expected would be a fairly simple, cheap, and quick branch over to properties upon which they could then develop real estate opportunities.

7 « J'aime »