Réaménagement de l'autoroute Bonaventure - Tronçon municipal

Photos d’archives de la Ville de Montréal, du raccordement de la rue Université (boulevard Robert-Bourassa) à la “nouvelle” autoroute Bonaventure… en 1965:

7 « J'aime »

LES FENÊTRES !!! La Caisse devrait tellement les réinstallées sur la grandeur du viaduc, on aurait tellement un aspect moins monolithique. On pourrait au moins des films givrés et comme ça on pourrait continuer d’avoir l’entreposage présent et ça s’harmoniserait avec la station Griffintown-Bernard-Landry

10 « J'aime »

Plus de photos sur la page FB d’Archives de Montréal
Incluant cette carte/plan d’assurances de Goed

Donc, tous les bâtiments qui se trouvaient entre les rues Nazareth et Duke ont été rasés

Et Farine Fives Roses qui avait encore « Flour » sur la 3e ligne!

Il faut aller sur le site Web des Archives pour l’ensemble des photos

6 « J'aime »

À gauche complètement on peut 2 survivants, le bâtiment en briques rouges ‘‘Bob’’ et la vieille forge Cadieux (lui au centre, des 3 en premiers plan)

2 « J'aime »

I’m in Boston now (one of my favorite cities in North America) and I’m so impressed with the Greenway!

They have an entire Greenway department that oversees operations, maintenance and events there. There’s so many activities. There’s buskers, beer gardens, swings, fountains. It’s so alive! I love it! The landscaping is mind blowing as well.

Would be amazing if we had our own “department” for our linear park as well with activites, beer gardens, etc. Against the backdrop of the city and mountain.

7 « J'aime »

On aurait tout à gagner à imiter les bonnes idées réalisées ailleurs. Reste à voir comment on réorganise l’administration pour alléger la bureaucratie, en décentralisant certaines décisions à caractère plus local.

1 « J'aime »

Reportage sur l’équipement Trekfit sous l’autoroute Bonaventure
Il y a un reportage vidéo sur le site de Global

Open air gym in Montreal’s Griffintown is a popular place to workout

By Timothy Sargeant Global News
Posted October 4, 2023 5:43 pm
Updated October 4, 2023 6:14 pm

The popularity of outdoor gyms has exploded in recent years. Following the pandemic, many open air workout spots started seeing the light of day.The trend shows no signs of slowing down. As Global’s Tim Sargeant reports, one spot in downtown Montreal is especially accessible.

As many people cut back on luxuries to save a little money, like their health clubs and gym memberships, that doesn’t need to be the case at the Trekfit gym in Griffintown.

The outdoor facility has been operating under the Bonaventure Expressway at the southern end of Peel Street for two years and it is growing in size and popularity.

From cardiovascular workouts to heavy-weight training, this gym has almost all the equipment literally under one roof.

One of the biggest selling points is the price — there is no charge. The free workout space really caters to those who are on fixed incomes or people who don’t have any revenues at all.

“Here, they can come anytime in the day and they can do their thing,” Youri Juteau, a fitness enthusiast, told Global News.

Juteau made some of the permanent exercise structures himself and spent thousands of dollars of his own money to provide the workout equipment.

“It’s simple but for me, it’s like a life project to share with people,” he said.

His investments and efforts are paying off.

Nyome Giroux, a certified yoga instructor, works out here a couple of times a week and loves everything the gym offers.

“It’s so much nicer to be outside,” she told Global News. “It’s a lot more romantic. You’re underneath our staples of Montreal. I’m looking at the city, there are so many nice people here.”

There are also coaches, trainers and other professional exercise gurus who work out at this gym, which can go a long way to help novices using gym equipment for the first time.

“I used to be into indoor gyms, but not anymore,” Michael Wang told Global News.

He used to be a personal trainer and now uploads 60-second workout videos on his YouTube channel, My functional fitness.

“You have everything that you need here,” he says.

Often, walkers, joggers or people riding their bikes may stop and do a short workout before continuing with their day.

“I didn’t expect this, honestly,” said Mario Hodge, visiting from the Netherlands. “I expected a really small scale, maybe two, three machines max. And then when I got here, it was like, ‘Oh, this is pretty cool.'”

There are more than 200 free outdoor Trekfit gyms in North America but some say this is the best equipped.

“I think this is one of the biggest ones. It’s also covered so if it’s raining, you can still come here,” said Jonathan Encarnacion, an outdoor gym enthusiast.

People training for specific sports also conclude this gym helps them reach their objectives.

“There are boxers who actually come train professionally here,” said Lucas Loboguerrero, founder of the Montreal Boxing Club.

A gym that’s open 24/7, 365 days a year in the shadows of downtown Montreal.

Just pack some extra clothing when the weather turns cold.

4 « J'aime »

Intéressant! Je ne savais pas que ça n’était pas fait/géré par la Ville, je me demandais pourquoi les autres viaducs n’avaient pas cet aménagement (ex: Sous la 15 près de Monk et Saint-Patrick ou de l’autre côté, des 2 côtés de la rive).

C’est effectivement très achalandé par moment.

1 « J'aime »

tous les équipements Trekfit sur le domaine public à Montréal ont été installés par la Ville.
Celui-ci et celui plus au nord au coin de William faisaient partie du projet Bonaventure.

Il y a des dizaines autres emplacements sur l’île.

Source : Park locator : Outdoor Fitness Parks & Outdoor gyms - Trekfit

TrekFit est une entreprise de Chambly

La Ville commence à se fournir ailleurs pour des équipements mieux adaptés pour les personnes âgées ou la mobilité réduite. Dans le parc David-Lefebvre de la Petite-Bourgogne, ce seront des équioement de l’entreprise Kompan. Les travaux sont en cours et l’inauguration est prévue pour cet automne.

Pour les abords de la 15, il y a des aménagements qui s’en viennent dans le cadre du PDUÉS Turcot.
Je ne me souviens pas si l’aménagement de gyms extérieurs était dans les plans.

5 « J'aime »

Ils sont gérés par la ville, mais les réside les apprécient tellement que je peux facilement imaginer qu’ils fassent de la maintenance supplémentaire.

Are there any plans now or in the future to reduce the size of the boulevard? I understand it was made massive to compensate the removal of the highway, but as traffic has evaporated, and most buses no longer use it, wouldn’t it make sense to reduce the size to 3 lanes in each direction, or even 2 lanes in each direction at certain sections?

7 « J'aime »

I’d say there is not need to go spend more money to re-do a road that was already done just a few years ago.

It would not go over well with the public and there are more pressing matters that need attention.

5 « J'aime »

Of course, but there have been many accidents in this area, especially because of how large the road is despite the slower speed limit (which most don’t follow). There’s also a ghost bike at the entrance to the highway. They could simply add a painted bike lane on each side of the boulevard, protected by parking, which would get rid of 2 lanes of traffic. At bus stops, it can be cheaply raised, like they’ve done in the Plateau:

This wouldn’t take long, and could be temporary until something is done more in the longer term

6 « J'aime »

Fully agree, this is the perfect place for bike lanes (REV style with wide unidirectional lanes).

6 « J'aime »

Here is a simple just sketch of what it could be, the section near St-Catherine would be bidirectional to connect to the existing bike path, then splits at Cathcart and becomes REV-style, all the way down to Wellington:

This would be really easy to install, wouldn’t need years of construction because underground infrastructure is already done, it could be simply concrete at the corners, and raised bus stops like I shared above.

6 « J'aime »

We would need some form of connection to De la Commune no?

1 « J'aime »

I was thinking that could be connected through rue Wellington, but actually looking at it, the small pedestrian path (rue Duke) can be converted to also a bike path:

Or on the other side, the small sidewalk could be expended a tiny bit to fit a bike path to the canal. This is owned by the federal government though

10 « J'aime »

Ah ces rendus qui font rêver mais qui n’aboutissent jamais!

10 « J'aime »

Il aurait été plus judicieux de bâtir au lieu de faire un parc entre 9 voies d’autos où personne n’a envie d’aller :

Source http://www.bv.transports.gouv.qc.ca/mono/1005690.pdf

17 « J'aime »

sauf pour le couloir d’autobus qui devait être aménagé sur la rue Dalhousie et qui allait exproprier une partie du New City Gas et de l’édifice Rodier!!

Une chance que ça n’a pas été réalisé. Le maire Dorais avec les citoyennes et citoyens se sont battus contre l’administration de Gérald Tremblay pour ne pas que ça arrive.

Ça avait brassé aux consultations de l’OCPM

Aujourd’hui, avec le REM, il n’y a même plus d’autobus, à l’exception de ceux de la STM, qui roulent sur Robert-Bourassa.

3 « J'aime »