Le Square Children's - 20 à 37 étages (2022)

5 novembre

12 « J'aime »

16 « J'aime »

Ça n’avance vraiment pas (5 octobre vs 10 novembre)

4 « J'aime »

Il y a eu une pause d’au moins deux mois. Mais maintenant le revêtement de la tour de 37 étages à lentement recommencé :v:

1 « J'aime »

La vue depuis Westmount

9 « J'aime »

La Ville a publié une page sur le Centre Sanaaq

Il y a aussi une vidéo avec les architectes

3 « J'aime »

La résidence au 1111 Atwater s’appelle ELEVA

5 « J'aime »

À mon avis ce n’est pas le meilleur projet qui pourrait être à cet endroit, ça me parait trop banal, surtout du côté nord

De plus près

Du côté sud, il me semble, ça a l’air un peu mieux

20 « J'aime »

Terrible nouvelle. Je n’ose même pas imaginé les horribles commentaires provenant de l’autre forum…

3 « J'aime »

Shortly after arriving in Montreal, Elisapie wound up at Cabot Square — a waypoint for the city’s unhoused Indigenous folk. The park on Atwater Ave. is flanked by a half dozen housing developments that sell buyers on the dream of opulence with a view of the Saint Lawrence River.

What exactly is the point of this last bit ? Why does it always have to be an “us vs them” type of thing. Homelessness is a critical issue in Montreal and I agree more should be done to address the problem. That being said, the fact that some prestigious areas of town are being redeveloped over time is not an argument in any way. The city is large enough to accommodate everyone.

5 « J'aime »

La nouvelle a été reprise par La Presse

1 « J'aime »

I agree. Aesthetically,“Eleva” is to me a middling building. But it’s also an example for those affluent retirees in the market for a condominium in town with a good view; that it’s not always a question of height so much as location. Most of the high-rises around the Bell Centre are higher but each at least partially blocks the view for residents of the adjacent towers. This building is not likely to have another tower of equivalent or greater height built nearby.

aver93, I don’t see this description as a rebuke to the fortunate. The reporter is merely noting the vastly disparate circumstances that characterize many big cities these days. The very nature of any city as a place that draws a large number of people of varying talents and resources will create such disparity. The suggestion in the words from the article you noted is that perhaps these differences have become too great and some people suffer tragically. I think that is an astute observation.

2 « J'aime »

That’s a good point. The author does seem to support this thesis throughout the article too. The message conveyed in the conclusion is also different than the one forecasted with that one sentence.

11 « J'aime »

November 27th

9 « J'aime »

27-11-2021

Vers 14h30

8 « J'aime »

1111 Atwater

29-11-2021

0h29

6 « J'aime »

December 5th

17 « J'aime »