Développement du secteur Fairview

Je ne m’attends pas à des compromis ou des propositions inspirantes de la part des riverains. Les réactions ont été très Me, Myself, and I et What about the parking, malgré les 2 stations de métro et le réseau de bus bonifié à venir. Mais ce n’est malheureusement pas juste les résidents qui sont farouchement opposés à la majorité des projets résidentiels proposés dans le secteur. Beaucoup de conseillers municipaux souhaitent conservé le zonage commercial/industriel.

This is ridiculous… People are just so entitled

2 « J'aime »

Le problème c’est que la protection du boisé est justifiée, mais ceux qui manifestent pour sa protection ne font que du nimbysme et font plus de mal à la cause environnementale qu’autre chose.

C’est comme ça un peu partout en banlieue, des groupes de citoyens utilisant l’argument de conservation pour bloquer ce qu’ils ne veulent pas, fragmentant ainsi la cause et rendant les vrais efforts plus difficiles.

1 « J'aime »

Et même à ça je préfère perdre un boisé ici que voir la ville s’étendre dans la campagne. À un moment donné pour construire oui on coupe des arbres et c’est pas toujours un drame.

1 « J'aime »

Je comprend pourquoi CF exploite autant le boisé plutôt que d’optimiser leur immenses stationnements, la grogne contre le redéveloppement de ces terrains commerciaux et industriels est tellement plus intense que pour le boisé. C’est clair que le mouvement de conservation ne représente qu’une partie marginale de l’opposition.

1 « J'aime »

Citation de l’article de La Presse sur les transferts de propriétés entre Ivanhoé Cambridge et Cadillac Fairview:

2 « J'aime »
2 « J'aime »

since anyone walking along the street could do that now I would advise her of this wonderful invention called curtains. She also doesn’t understand angles (after so many floors people won’t be able to see much) or trees (will block her view of the bldg and their view of her) or the fact that…who the hell is gonna want to play voyeur with her

3 « J'aime »

They should leave the woodlot alone. They already have a sizeable chunk of land ripe for redevelopment…it’s called Fairview Mall

It would better utilize space that is largely wasted, would not spoil anyone’s “landscape”, would be right on the REM and autoroute. Yes it would be a challenge and expensive but it can be done and should be.

If built right, you can have even more commercial space, loads of parking, hotel(s), residents, offices, green, community and recreational spaces without sacrificing any more trees and improving the view

2 « J'aime »

Victoire pour le boisé Fairview :+1:, mais aussi pour les NIMBY… :confused:

5 « J'aime »

The REM station is in the Fairview woods.

2 « J'aime »

Hi Michael_A

6 of the 8 city councilors who ran on the Save Fairview Forest platform lost to incumbents, there may not actually be any changes the way the city approves developments/construction permits.

2 « J'aime »

oh I didn’t know that Thomas didn’t have a majority of councillors aligned with his platform.

1 « J'aime »

Looks there will no development anytime soon:
FREEZE ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF POINTE-CLAIRE’S STRATEGIC SECTORS

1 « J'aime »

I parsed through the document and couldn’t find where it talked about a development freeze. There were a few references throughout to repurposing the Fairview area to “consolidate the urban fabric”

Unless you mean specifically the forest?

Here is the original news release from the city website, looks like its for 90 days (but could be extended) based on the city council meeting video.

Thanks, I don’t know how to feel about it lol. It can be renewed in perpetuity I’m sure if they really wanted to go NIMBY nuclear.

Do you guys know if cities are obligated in anyway to follow the PMAD, or is it another one of these toothless suggestions like so many other things related to urban planning in Québec? It is insane that cities can get away with blocking all development right next to rapid transit. It’s not like there will be a bunch more opportunities for TOD of this scale in the next decade…

1 « J'aime »

For a second, I had hope :sob:

1 « J'aime »

4 « J'aime »

Theres hope