Cartes, plans et signalétique métropolitaine

Just imagine, some lunatics want to dismantle and sever this beautiful landscape with a REM line. /s

2 « J'aime »

Je suis peut-être late to the party, mais première fois que je vois le nouveau plan de l’ARTM dans le métro!

17 « J'aime »

Mouais… Tu parle… :face_exhaling:

C’est vraiment dommage que les stations du REM ne soient pas affichées. :disappointed:

2 « J'aime »

La station McGill y est toujours affichée comme station de correspondance… Ça fait long à marcher pour se rendre à la Gare Centrale!

Ouin, assez étrange que McGill soit déjà marquée comme station de correspondance, mais pas Édouard-Montpetit… Le dessinateur s’est trompé, le vérificateur l’a manqué, et ça s’est ramassé à l’impression et sera dans tous les métros pour les 2 prochaines années !

2 « J'aime »

I wanted to talk about how god awful the RTL map they put up at Panama is

1 - The sign states “plan DE réseau” while the map says “plan DU réseau”
2 - Somehow Griffintown station is now located behind the Costco
3 - Nuns Island is located on the very north tip of the Island;) Interesting
4 - The metro station names are all randomly placed and the line colours are just awful
5 - Papineau before Beaudry??
I can’t see why they couldn’t just hang up the ARTM map with a small flyer of bus circuits…

8 « J'aime »

Il y a aussi une belle erreur sur la ligne verte après Berri-UQAM vers Honoré-Beaugrand.

4 « J'aime »

How did they put Papineau before Beaudry…

2 « J'aime »

mon dieu c’est atroce haha!

7 « J'aime »

With the ARTM now having a standard map, and the signage become more and more standardized, including the signs for buses, I think the bus stop signs should become standardized. So I made an example of what it can be:

STM:
bussignSTM

Exo:

STL:

RTL:
bussignRTL

To create this, I was inspired by the exo bus stop signs which feature a circle, as well as the new REM bus stop sign. I think this could be an easy way to identify bus signs in the distance. The colours of the signs follow the network colours, making them easy to identify. I’ve moved all the route numbers to the bottom section, which is easier to see when high up on a post. The information on the top includes the logo of the network on the top left, similar to the current signs. I included the Chrono logo, which is used on the new exo signs.

For the directions of the buses, this is different depending on the network. RTL doesn’t refer to lines as the directions, so I added some where it would make sense, and added the name of the destination for the bus that goes to the Cégep that is more important. For signs with more than 4 bus lines, it would just continue with more lines, without the large bus icon.

Essentially, what I wanted to create is standard bus signage that would improve the coherence of the networks as being more connected.

Here are two renders of what it could look like, with different lighting:

38 « J'aime »

Le commentaire qui me vient à l’esprit est: « tabarnak! » C’est une mise à niveau majeure de nos panneaux ennuyeux…

Bravo!

3 « J'aime »

I hope someone in charge sees your work.

10 « J'aime »

You really should write to the ARTM

7 « J'aime »

Pour ceux qui connaissent le site urbanrail.net, la carte de Montréal a été mise à jour avec les derniers développements de notre métropole!

https://www.urbanrail.net/am/monr/montreal.htm

• La ligne du REM A1 est maintenant considérée comme opérationnelle, un peu en avance
  • L’extension de la ligne bleue vers Anjou est maintenant visible sur la carte!
5 « J'aime »

Email that to the ARTM/STM/RTL/EXO.

We desperatly need these

4 « J'aime »

De nouveaux plans du réseau STM sont désormais disponibles sur leur site

https://www.stm.info/fr/infos/reseaux/plans-des-reseaux

7 « J'aime »

Sticker festival at Bonaventure/Gare Centrale

6 « J'aime »

Mashdash saves the day!

Edit: At least they bothered to rename the train lines

2 « J'aime »

They’re still there? :astonished: @mashdash try putting the REM sticker next to Gare Centrale. Having it next to Mascouche/Deux-Montagne is really confusing and might actually cause trouble.