Cartes, plans et signalétique métropolitaine

Transit with gmaps as a backup (Google gets via for example)

3 « J'aime »

Via le Programmes des immobilisations 2022-2031 de l’ARTM.

3 « J'aime »

6M $ pour Chrono, c’est honteux.

7 « J'aime »

If you make under a certain amount per year, you can get Transit Royale for free. Additionally, you can request to have it for free if you can’t afford it, and it’ll be given for a year, no card required.

Also for many that don’t know the cost, it’s just over $2 a month or $25 a year.

Or… ARTM could pay Transit App $250k a year and everyone would have access to all the premium features for free. I wonder if this would be cheaper than them developing Chrono which I know people only use to reload fares

Edit: Ah wait if I kept reading you said that haha

4 « J'aime »

Chrono received a new logo on my phone and it makes me want to die:
IMG_2951

10 « J'aime »

It would be great if the ARTM released a standalone Recharge OPUS as well.

1 « J'aime »

It’s really bad!

I received a notification, and it was minuscule blue rounded rectangle that looked really out of place.

What designer approved this‽

1 « J'aime »

Probably not even a designer who approved this haha!

It was most likely to avoid confusion with the RTC, Quebec City, OPUS reload app. I remember that quite a few transit users would reload their card with the wrong application.

The ARTM could have easily fixed this issue by having Chrono, and just a singular app named Recharge OPUS, and you select the region the first time you open the app, or you can change it in settings, instead of having multiple different apps for each region.

5 « J'aime »

PVM could very easily install a rem sticker in every one of their ceiling signage for the REM since they already have a slot for it…

Whoever is in control of the RESO signage needs to update there map urgently, it’s so old they still call Square-victoria-OACI, Square-Victoria… Aka 2011-2014

It’s SDC I believe that’s in charge of all the RÉSO signage. I’m really disappointed in how they haven’t thought of an upgraded version of this signage.

I actually was inspired by what I saw in Japan, and created some renders of what it could be, following some of the ARTM standards. In my version, I label every building with a letter. This is in clockwise direction (both the letters and numbers), starting at Place des Arts. They’re simply used to help identify yourself with where you are. You could meet someone and say “at __ door” which is way easier than now. I also added the distance for every building, instead of just metro stations.

Square Victoria:

Centre Eaton:

Place Jean-Paul-Riopelle:

OACI:

Here is the map I made of all the doors labeled:

17 « J'aime »

Correction : cela aurait certainement coûté moins cher… :smile:

C’est parce que l’appli te permet de géolocaliser ta carte OPUS perdue maintenant? #joke

That’s an optimistic view of the situation. There should be someone that pushes the approve button to push the app to the app stores.

That and this daily notification where they are not stripping HTML from :frowning_face:

1 « J'aime »

Cela me fait penser à la désignation des pavillons de l’UQAM. :ok_hand:t2:

Chrono does notifications??? The app is sooooo horrid that it refuses to give me a single notification even though it has all the permissions it needs to do so,…

2 « J'aime »

So far, it has only been reliable for the subway. Sometimes, it will send them for train service.

I think it uses the GTFS-RT feeds directly, so at least there’s that :slight_smile:

29 août 2024 • Terminus Candiac-Montcalm
Qui a oublié son vélo au Terminus Montcalm-Candiac?

2 « J'aime »

Ce qui ne “choque” le plus c’est que ce vélo n’a toujours pas été volé depuis le 18 juillet…

2 « J'aime »

29 août 2024 • Terminus Candiac-Montcalm

7 « J'aime »

Oups. Mais bon, je m’attendais plus à ça…

4 « J'aime »