Cartes, plans et signalétique métropolitaine

Some analysis of the new map.

The way the yellow line meets the rest of the lines at Berri is nice and simple. The shape is also slightly more accurate to life (the way it turns to the north at the end). I think capitalizing just the termini instead of every metro station is way better in terms of legibility:

Another improvement is that text that overlaps train lines now have a black background around them, so they don’t clash with each other:

Gare Centrale currently looks a bit messy. with the double line of the REM, and the similar but slightly different thickness of the exo trains, it appears there are more like 4 trains that stop. Thankfully, this is a small detail that will be fixed when the Mascouche line (currently called exo5, labeled line 15) will no longer end here.

I really like that exo chose pastel colours for their routes, and I do think changing the Saint-Jérôme line (also called exo2, labeled line 12) to yellow, away from light green, is better.

To end this off, I think the new maps are great. They should be installed alongside the new metro maps, to allow an understand of the overall transit network. I do have one problem, but that has to do with the exo lines, which I’ll share that on the exo page.

16 « J'aime »