Aéroport Montréal-Trudeau - Discussion générale

I love Amsterdam, the canals, the tulips, the museums and the Dutch women.

2 « J'aime »

C’est plutôt un nouveau accès pour une ligne de train à tous les quarts d’heure.

Yup. À 3G$ ce n’est pas qu’un nouvel accès mais aussi 5 km de tunnel. Carrément, on peut l’appeler une nouvelle ligne.

1 « J'aime »

You know something guys! I’m really surprised that Aer Lingus still doesn’t fly to Montreal. Like why? I know that AC does but only from Jun to Sep. Is it really because there’s a low demand?

With continuing financial tightness, just 13 widebodies and a handful of A321LRs, plus a codeshare agreement with AC, it’s unlikely we’ll see them any time soon.

1 « J'aime »

That’s what people used to say about Emirates :joy:

2 « J'aime »

I’m not sure if you’re referring to the reply right above yours, but nobody ever said that about Emirates. The only reason why Emirates was not flying to Montreal ever before was because of limitations in the bilateral agreement between Canada and the UAE, which severely limited capacity between the two countries.

2 « J'aime »

Yes, I know… I was more referring to people on social media telling me that Emirates will never start a service to YUL. Aer Lingus has been eying YUL too just like Emirates, but I know the political limitations of the past for UAE carriers to Canada.

3 « J'aime »

Lol! Yeah but… sheep ≠ petroleum :wink:

1 « J'aime »

Is Icelandair coming this summer? Cause last year they came with there 737 MAX 3 times weekly.

J’aime qu’ils aient fait l’effort de trouver le code ascii pour l’accent aigu.
À Montréal on a un bel accent, faut le reconnaître!
Les petits détails qui font plaisir :heart_eyes:

12 « J'aime »

I don’t think so… I think only AC will be doing this route KEF

J’ai remarqué la même chose (oufff les accents :wink: )

Hats off to Emirates, c’est un beau geste de leur part. Michael Rousseau you got it ?

4 « J'aime »

Is there any chance that Qatar could leave when Emirates comes? I hope not! And also when was Qatar first flight to YUL I forgot?

Qatar (QR) started flights to Montréal YUL in 2011.

According to some people here they don’t make a profit on the run and apparently that doesn’t matter so I don’t see them leaving if this is true. Reality might be a little different and only QR knows so we will see.

3 « J'aime »

What about Air China will it ever come back at YUL?

It won’t be 3 flights a day. Only certain days of the week.

KLM is 6 weekly
AC is 5 weekly
Transat is 3 weekly

They will be back eventually, the question is when?

Air China is not even back YVR (Vancouver), so that tells you something.

4 « J'aime »

I remember reading during the pandemic that they’d be coming back in 2024. I don’t remember the source and that was a while ago. I’ve noticed they’ve been rolling out their closed pandemic routes slowly over the course of this year. Given Canada-China relations are cool at best perhaps they’ve put us at the bottom of the list.

I’ll add that just recently they were mad at the ADM for not including them in an email about the new supplier replacing Swissport. The ADM thought they were no longer part of the airlines serving the airport because they never responded to a mass email on the topic but they shot back they were offended for not being included in the discussion. They claim they never got the email. So, I think it’s pretty certain they are coming back at some point. Link to the article below;

https://flip.it/Bf6EvQ

2 « J'aime »