900 Saint-Jacques - 63 étages

31 « J'aime »

36 « J'aime »

I’m sitting here on the balcony of my 25th-floor apartment in a 75-storey, 271 metre tall tower on the beach, looking at a skyline of other tall, residential skyscrapers, and lamenting that we are in love with a 62-storey building because its rectangular facade is somewhat unique.

5 « J'aime »

Surfers Paradise?

1 « J'aime »

Yep. Last time I stayed in Gold Coast I said the next time I’d find a nice flat in laidback, upscale Broadbeach, but a deal for a suite in the newly opened (2022) Meriton Ocean near Cypress popped up and it was cheaper and better than any comparable alternative.

2 « J'aime »

Plus you’ve got access to the tram!

1 « J'aime »

It’s great. Cypress station is 100m from my front door, and the trams run on a precise timetable (with active traffic signal priority) so I’m able to time my journeys easily. Of course, it’s in the mixed-traffic Surfers Paradise Boulevard segment, so it’s not running at the Flexity’s maximum speed, but the acceleration from a stop is impressive. It’s a very dependable, high-capacity tram service. Ideal in a long-and-skinny urban area like Gold Coast. Tomorrow I’m taking it on the higher-speed segment from Surfers to Helensvale intermodal station, where I’ll catch a Bombardier NGR to Brisbane for the weekend.

1 « J'aime »

12 « J'aime »

7 mars 2024

29 « J'aime »

La pose des murs est un exercice périlleux!

16 « J'aime »

26 « J'aime »

9 « J'aime »

28 « J'aime »

27 « J'aime »

24 « J'aime »

18 « J'aime »

2024-03-12 La grue est visible de l’est:

14 « J'aime »

13 « J'aime »

33 « J'aime »

27 « J'aime »